Chapter Eighteen

Lily lead me into the forest again. We didn't go far but it was a really dense part. We sat under a tree for a couple minutes before Jacob arrived.

"Oh, hey Storm, Lily." We both have him a wave in response.

"Wait, what just happened?" I asked them, thinking about how the series of events didn't make sense.

"The string when pulled makes a device send a message to his phone saying I want to meet up. He keeps pieces of paper on him that he uses to leave time and places at the fountain." Lily told me.

"Oh, makes sense."

"So what was the reason for my summoning?" Jacob joked.

"Do have anymore clues on the traitor?" I asked hopefully.

"Small details. Like she's pretty short and has black hair." Jacob looked at me with a sorry, that's all I got face.

"It's OK, I figure this out eventually." I started rubbing my temples, trying to calm down.

"Well was that all I was needed for this time?"

"Yeah, I thought you had more." I admitted.

"Alright then, I'm gonna head out. Bye!"

"Cya." Lily and I synchronized.

"Alright, let's head to the clearing."

We got up and started walking to the clearing together.

****

We got to the thorn bushes Lily said "Where are we meant to go now?"

"Through the bushes." I said looking at her.

She gave me a look of shock and confusion. I held eye contact and gave her a smile before using magic to move the bushes aside, like always.

Lily looked into the clearing, gasping at the beautiful sight. "This is amazing!" She cried.

"This is were we train."

Lily ran into the clearing, looking around at almost everything. The willow, the river, the trees, even the fire pit. Her fast and loud footsteps as well as her cry alerted everyone.

"Storm? What's going on?" Julie called out. That's when she saw Lily. "Human!" She cried. That got everyone's attention.

Everyone was out, expect for Skylar and her friends, ready to fight a human off.

Lily turned around, wide eyes, at the group of witches in front of her, looking like they were going to destroy her.

"Woah hold on!" I sad stepping in between them. "This is Lily. She's a witch from the village. She saying with us for a day or two while her parents are out. She'll also train with the others."

Everyone calmed down after knowing Lily was a witch like the rest of us.

"There's more!" Someone called out.

We all looked around trying to find the voice.

"Over there!" Jamie called, pointing to one edge of the clearing.

We all walked over to the bushes, expecting someone who was ready to take us in for money. I held my breath before peering over the bushes.

"Jacob? Again with the following?"

Everyone but Lily looked at me like I was crazy.

"Hi Jacob. Look at where I'll be saying!" Lily said, raising her hands in a 'y' shape.

Jacob looked around at the space and said "Cool."

"Wait you know him?" Ren asked.

"Yeah, he's like my inside source at the village." I split the bushes so he could join us.

"Why'd you do that?" Ren complained.

"Would you like him in the forest looking in at the clearing?"

"Touché." Jamie said.

"So you aren't the last one of your coven left?" Jacob asked.

"No, I'm not and never was." Skylar and her friends at this point had come out and started talking with Lily. "This is Ren, Jamie, Julie, Oceania, Poppy, Topaz, Flame, Daisy, and Skylar." I said pointing to each of them in turn.

"Wow, those are some magic sounding names." Jacob commented.

"Yeah most of us were born into magical families meaning we have element related names." Oceania said.

"Makes sense."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, noticing how close the sun was to the horizon.

"I was curious where you were going so I followed you. Also if I get permission from my dad can I stay here? It looks so cool!"

I looked around at everyone, some nodding their head in yes, others nodding their head in no. Then suddenly Midnight sent me an image of herself at my feet. I looked down and sure enough, there she was. She shook her head yes.

Alright Midnight, if you think it's a good idea.

"I'm going with Midnight on this one, yes you can stay." I told him.

"Sweet, I just got the OK from my dad too."

"Well let's get the two of you are in then." And with that we all walked back towards the willow tree.