Chapter Fourteen

We passed the time after that by just messing around with each other using our powers before we had a dinner or salad- again. Soon after everyone was asleep I was up and making another teleportation potion. Filling up another little bottle like before, I drank what was in the bowl.

The same circling- almost dizzying, feeling came again an before I knew it I was back at the jailhouse.

"Hey guys." I whisper called.

"Storm! Welcome back." I felt some hug me and saw it was Gabby as my eyes adjusted to the dark.

"I'm glad to see you all again, I really missed you."

"We missed you too." Ruby said.

We all shared another group hug before I said, "Ren, Jamie, Julie, and Oceania turned up the other day. They had been hiding out in trees by the village without little food and water for days!"

I heard what sounded like everyone, gasp at this news.

"Are they OK?" Aqua asked, pushing herself to the front of the group.

"Yeah, they're perfectly fine now but they were in pretty bad shape when they found us."

We talked for a little after that and I found out that they were soon going to be shipped away to a lab somewhere and be tested on in a week.

"So it's close to being now or never?" I asked, heartbroken that if I didn't act fast I could lose my friends.

"Yeah, it is." Rose said, her pine green eyes filled with sadness. She started twirling a strand of her strawberry blonde around her finger.

"I'll figure something out soon, before our time is up." I promised, doing a full 360 and looking everyone in the eyes.

"You should go now, they do rounds at this time." Aqua said.

"OK. Could you tell me now where you were before they came?" I asked.

Looking frantically around the room before looking back at me she said, "I still can't. And even if I did I'm here. Why would I let them take me too?"

"Oh. True, I didn't even think about that." I shook my head at myself.

"It doesn't matter, but please, go- now." Aqua commanded.

"OK." With a quick drink I felt like I was spinning around and soon back in the clearing and climbing into bed.

****

At training the next day we asked the girls to show us their best moves. First alone, then together.

Topaz made multiple water balls in the shape of different animals, one being a cat which looked to make Midnight happy. Flame juggled five fire balls. Daisy lifted herself into the air on a plant throne. And Skylar made a mini tornado from the tip of her finger, slowly making it larger as it moved from her finger to her palm, then placing it on the ground and controlling it as it grew before whipping it out.

"Amazing."

"Absolutely stunning." Poppy and I said.

"OK. Now, together." Poppy said.

Together Topaz and Flame made a fire and water ball and the fire- surprisingly, never went out. Daisy then encased it with strong vines, making it keep it's shape, while Skylar made a medium sized tornado. Once Skylar had it on the ground the others backed away and watched as she broke the vines right below the ball and bounced it on top of the tornado.

I was dumbfounded. They were able to do this! At thirteen! It would take even a skilled witch years to do this.

They finished, Skylar placing the ball on the ground as Daisy pulled the vines away, and Flame and Topaz separated the fire and water, used the water to put the fire out before putting it back in the river.

I hadn't even noticed that everyone else, besides Poppy and I, had watched them. Hearing a small clip start I looked around and saw Julie, equally quick, was clipping for them. Soon Ren joined in, then Oceania, then Jamie, before ending with Poppy and I.

"You four are incredibly talented witches." Julie said, her dirty blonde hair flowing in the slight breeze left by the tornado. Her eyes shining with amazement. I could see that her pale skin was tanned and closed to getting a sunburn.

"I've never seen anyone use their powers like you four." Ren said. "It's truly incredible."

"Your powers are past the abilities of most at the age of 25- especially together." Jamie told them.

The rest of us nodded our heads in agreement.

They beemed at the praise we gave them. All their eyes we're shining with a strong sense of pride. No one else noticed it but I saw them link their pinkies together.

"Well, the river leads to a lake- who wants to go swimming?" I asked, knowing we all needed a break.

The girls cheered in joy while the others had visibly excited and calm smiles.

Skylar stopped and turned back to me. "What about our clothes? We don't have bathing suits or other clothes to change into."

"I could head to house and check for anything." Oceania offered.

"You can, just stay safe." Poppy responded.

With a nod Oceania got up and walked out of the clearing, heading for the house.

****

Oceania got back and had found all of our bathing suits and enough towels for us to dry off in. We all walked up and grabbed our suits while changing one by one under the willow- well Topaz and them changed together. All are bathing suits were single color, either red/orange, green, light blue, or dark blue- we didn't wear the color that matched our main element. Our bathing suits ranged from single piece, tank-kini, or just a regular bikini. After changed we walked along the river, sharing small talk.

Suddenly Midnight sent me an image. It was Jacob. I let myself fall to the back of the group with her. How did she know Jacob? She's never seen him.

Sent her images back explaining my confusion. In response, she sent me back him peering out of the thorn bushes. I whipped my head around thinking maybe she was telling me that he was here but I saw nothing. Looking down at her with a confused face she shock her head at me, again sending me an image of Jacob then him peering thought the bushes.

She showed me Jacob again but this time, older, closer to his father. Then his father bursting through the bushes along with other villagers. Was she telling me that Jacob's father was heading for us? After seeing I was finally started to get it she showed me an image of the sun setting, then the moon, and then the hooded figure. Then she showed me the sun rising, and then the image of Jacob's father bursting through the bushes.

By then we had made it to the lake. I didn't even remember walking out of the clearing. I shook it off knowing I was just to deep in the conversation with Midnight.

Everyone laid down their towels on the sandy shore, Midnight sitting on mine. I sat next to her, criss-cross style, watching as everyone else ran into the water and used their powers to splash each other. Turning back to Midnight I said aloud, "We can talk later." This satisfied her.

I got up and turned towards the lake, jogging into the calming water with my friends.

~Thanks for reading!
I hope you enjoyed this longer chapter!
Enjoy the story :)~