Chapter Seventeen

I started heading for town when I heard Sally. "That's it, just like that, now focus a little more."

She was definitely training Lily.

I walked into the small opening they were in. At first they didn't realize it was me, Sally stepped in front of Lily, her face becoming harsh. Once she noticed it was me though, her face softened and she gave me a friendly "Hi Storm."

"Hey guys." I gave them a small wave.

"I was just teaching Lily how to grow a larger  plant." Sally said, pointing towards the mid-growth plant.

"Cool, I was just heading into town."

As I started to walk off she said, "Wait, I've been trying to help her with focusing and being calm but I wasn't raised in a coven. Can you help in that aspect?"

"Um, sure!" I walked over, standing next to her as Lily got on her hands and knees next to the plant. "To calm down an focus properly become one with the world around you. As calm as the breeze, strong and swift like water, energetic like fire, and strong like the trees."

Lily closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Releasing it and focusing on growing the plant again.

"There is nothing but your energy and the plant." I softly reminded her.

And soon she had at least a 2-foot plant next to her.

Both Sally and Lily had bright smiles on their face.

"Good job!" Sally and I synchronized.

Lily squealed slightly as she saw what she had done. Sally pulled out her phone and with a quick look said, "Shoot! I meant to get a babysitter but now all of them are booked!"

She continued to scan her screen as Lily said, "Don't call it a babysitter mom, call it a caretaker!"

"Um why does Lily need a caretaker?" I asked.

"Her father and I are going on a quick trip and we can't join us per the place's rules." Sally responded, still staring at the screen.

"I could take care of her until get back." I offered.

She looked at me, hope in her eyes. "Really? You would?"

"Yeah, I could train her with the other 13 year olds."

"Wait, I thought it was only you and Midnight left."

I panicked before saying, "Oh some of the younger coven members had avoided them."

"Good for them!" She let out a breath of relief before also saying, "Thank you Storm."

"No problem!" I gave her a smile.

She returned it with a smile before looking at he phone. Her smile disappeared as her eyes widened. "Ah I need to get back home! Storm an she go with you now?"

"Um yeah. That should be fine."

"Once again, thank you!" Sally said before stuffing her phone in her pocket, turning to Lily and giving her a kiss and hug before saying "Love you! See you in a day or two. Bye girls!" She us a final wave before turning and heading back to the village.

"We just need to go see someone before heading the clearing."

****

Lily kept asking about training as we walked back to the village. I happily told her what we did, silently laughing at her amazed reactions.

When we were in the village I started looking for Jacob, hoping here was in the plaza. From the corner of my eye I saw Lily eyeing me with curiosity.

"What are you looking for?" Lily asked.

"Not what, who." I continued searching for him while trying to decide which road to check first.

"Who?"

"Jacob."

"Oh I know Jacob! We're friends."

"Can you contact him?" I looking over at her.

"Magic or normal?"

"What do you mean magic?"

"Oh, Jacob found out about my powers one day." She added a nervous giggle at the end.

"You know what that doesn't matter right now. Magic reasons."

"Alright follow me!" And with that Lily took off, leading me down twisting and turning roads before finally stopped at a giant white house.

The house was three stories, the tallest out of every house. It looked almost like a castle house, with it pillars, balconies, and giant windows. It was pure white with dirt spots only at the bottom and top from people walking and animals.

I went to walk into the building before Lily grabbed my arm.

"Not that way, especially not for magic!" She lead me to the right side of the building, stopping in front of a string that was barely visible against the wall.

She pulled on it a couple of things before pulling out her phone. It went off almost immediately. She read something before texting back and telling me "Back to the plaza!"

When we got back there was a paper on the fountain. I picked it up and read it. It said: normal tree, five mins

"Normal tree? What does that mean?"

"That means Jacob's gonna be there, follow me."