4

As the teacher who i guess is Mrs. Manes entered the class, everyone fell silent. She would be in her late 40s. She wished the class with a smile and then her eyes fell on me. She walked over to me.

  "You must be a new student." She said and i nodded.

  "Come here and introduce yourself to the class." She said and i felt fear shoot up my spine. I should get up and talk to all these people? Oh my god. I felt so many nerves in my belly. I just wanted to run away. No Chantel, deep breaths, i told myself. I took a deep breathe and smiled. I just had to introduce myself, that was no biggie.

  I get up and walk over to the teacher's desk and then turn to look at the class. My stomach drops at the sight of all these people i would have to be with. I gulp and then stand up straighter. I smile a little and say :

   "Hello everyone, i am Chantel Emerson." I said with a slight wave and smile. And then carefully walked back to my desk. I felt many eyes follow me, after i sat down, i looked up to see many boys looking at me curiously. They were all really good looking.
I smiled shyly at them and then my eyes met his.

  When that happened, my heart literally stopped for a second. He had black eyes, eyes so dark, they could consume me. His black hair was messy. His pale skin a stark contrast to his hair. Everything he wore was black. His eyes shimmered with dark emotions and they consumed me. He was literally breathtaking.

   A hand waved in front on my face, breaking my eye contact with that guy. I closed my eyes and shook my head. What was that all about? I have never been effected like that because of a boy. I need to get over it. I then turned to look at Mason who had waved his hand in front on my face.

  "I said you did a good job introducing yourself." He said and i smiled and thanked him. The rest of the class went by pretty smoothly but i just couldnt stop thinking about that guy. Like he was magnetic. And when i glanced up, i saw him glance at me and i felt tingles all over me. After that, i did not look up again.

  The next class was maths. And i totally sucked at maths. Ugh like the numbers just messed with my head. I trudged over to an empty desk, following Mason. I sighed as i sat down and our maths teacher immediately started explaining a new formula. I started at him and at what he was writing on the board with utmost concentration.

  I almost understood what he was saying. But after 5 minutes, i gave up. I sighed and then looked down at the desk. I wanted to bang my head against it. Like my head literally hurt from trying to understand maths.

   "Chantel." Mason whispered and i turned my head to look at him.

  "Trouble with maths?" He asked and i nodded. He smiled a little and then started started explaining me what our professor was. At first i thought this was a bad idea but then i discovered that Mason is a very good teacher. He also has a deep voice which is soothing.

   I actually understood what he said and that was very surprising. I also learnt the formula and then when i tried to solve a problem by using it, i got the correct answer. I was so happy and surprised that i swore out loud. A little too loud. The professor stopped teaching and turned to glare at the class.

  I kept a straight face and frowned a little and looked around the class, pretending to be looking for the person who swore.  I am good at acting and i could not be caught swearing in maths class or any class. After a few moments, the professor got back to teaching again. I exhaled in relief and relaxed in my chair.

  I heard laughter and i turned to see Mason silently laughing with a hand on his mouth. And looking at him, i couldnt help but laugh too. That was a very close call. But my laughter died as soon as i made eye contact with him. The guy who stared at me in a very hostile manner. But this time, he was not staring with hostility.

  He looked a little amused. His eyes looked a little softer. Looking at him felt so amazing. It felt like i could breathe better that i had ever before. It was like his eyes were water and i was parched. I dont know how long we looked at eachother like that. But the bell jolted out of the dream land i was in.

   I quickly got up and followed a chuckeling Mason out to our next class. Mason is a sweetheart. He explained me things when i didnt understand anything that was happening. He also wrote notes for me. He introduced me to his friends and Mia is actually his twin sister. His friends were pretty welcoming and i felt much better about my social skills.

   While we were in the canteen, i saw the guy again. I dont know his name but the one who i feel so attracted to. I will name him, the starer. So well he was sitting across our table and he was not alone. He was sitting with a stunning blonde. She looked like she walked out of a photoshoot. She was gorgeous. And next to her was a guy dark hair and stunning silver eyes.

  I shivered physically when i noticed that all of them were looking at me. They were also whispering something. I tried to listen to what they were talking. I just caught a few phrases like : strange, dangerous and abnormal. I sat up straight when i heard all that. I knew that they were talking about me and they were talking about danger, i had to find out why.

  After lunch, Mason and i started drawing tattoos on eachother's hands. It was pretty nice. When he touched me, i had expected butterflies and my heart to skip a beat. But that did not happen. I felt nothing. It just didnt feel special. Maybe all the fiction i read was not to be trusted. I really liked Mason though. He was gorgeous and sweet. Who wouldnt like him?

   I immediately trusted him and let him in. Maybe that was one of the huge mistakes i had made.