30

He slowly wakes me up. He softly whipers my name and then rubs my arm with his cold hand. It feels good to be woken up like that. I feel well rested. I feel like everything is fine. It feels like everything is soft and mellow. I feel like i can fly away and live my happily ever after. It has been quite sometime since i have felt so happy. I wonder why i am so happy.

  Again i hear the silky and velvety voice whisper my name. Again i feel cool fingers caress me. I open my eyes and look up. I look up at a smiling Andrian. And god he is absolutely gorgeous. I literally feel my breathe hitch and my heart skip a beat. I smile at him. I love the way he woke me up. He smiles at me, watching me with those golden black eyes.

  I feel his hands around me. My skin tingles. It feels cold wherever he touches me and then it feels like i have been branded. I bask in the feeling. I blush a little as i look at him and do something that can be considered impulsive and reckless. I give me a sweet but short kiss on his lips. Andrian's eyes grow wide in surprise when i pull back. I grin at his expression. I feel tempted to kiss him again but i hold myself back.

  "What was that for?" He asks me. I shrug in reply. He just looked so gorgeous and i love the way he makes me feel. I also love the way he treats me. I just couldnt help but kiss him. I look at his lips and then i look back at me. He doesnt look surprised anymore but he looks at me with such intensity, i almost want to shy away. Instead, i grow bolder. I slowly wipe my lipstick stains off his lips.

  I dont look up at him as i trace his lips with my fingers. I blush as i think about what i am doing. I like how soft and cold his lips are. They are a natural pink that girls would kill for.  I shyly look back up to meet his eyes and i am surprised by how dark his eyes have become. There arent any freckles of gold or amber anymore. They are just black and so so so intense.

   He leans in a little closer so that our noses brush. I close my eyes waiting for the kiss. Suddenly someone knocks on our car windown rather harshly and i jump up. I look at the window to find a glaring Catherine and thats when i realise that the car isnt moving anymore. It hasnt moved since i woke up. I sheepishly get of Andrian. I turn away and get out of the car through another door.

   Stupid, stupid, stupid! What on earth is wrong with you. Why cant you stay off Andrian? Like you have hardly spoken to him for like a week. And you are totally infactuated with him. Its like someone cast a spell on you or something. Spell....magic.... witches. And then all the memories come rushing back to me. It almost feels like a physical blow. I close my eyes and take a deep breathe.

   I feel all the clashing emotions. I let myself feel it all. And then i seal it away. I seal it where i have been sealing away the things i dont want to deal with. I open my eyes and i feel calm and composed. No more conflicting emotions. I almost gasp loudly at what i see in front of me. I am literally looking at a castle. And god it is the most beautiful and magnificent building i have ever laid my eyes on.

  It isnt like the disney castles and palaces. This one is definitely medieval. It is made of stones and stands proudly. It had beautiful carvings and flowery vines on it. But that is not the only thing i notice. I notice that the Hunters have formed a circle around me. I notice that Andrian is standing behind me. I see Catherine and Edwin. Edwin looks so rigid, he looks like a marble statue. Coming back here was definitely not in his bucket list.

  The leader of the Hunters looks at me and then starts walking. I silently follow him. There are a lot of stairs which lead to a pair of massive doors. They are engraved with several patterns. Some of them look like words to me. I feel a pull to those patterns. I think they are more than just patterns. I can almost feel the magic emanting from them. But why would there be magic or spells on the doors?

  "A few centuries ago, witches spelled this castle. No one can enter it without invitation. No magical curses can be placed upon the residents while they are inside. Nor can anyone scry on the residents." Andrian whipers to me and i nod.

  This isnt just a palace, its like a stronghold. It can be used as a shelter and also as a weapon. Though i have no idea why witches would spell this castle for the vampires. Witches and vampires are not friends nor even allies. Perhaps King Lucas is good enough to have won over the witches and they voluntarily helped him. Or, maybe he used other means.

  I push those thoughts out of my head. This isnt the time to bring back the past. The doors open noiselessly and i walk into the castle. The temperature immediately drops as i step inside. It is quite dark and only lit by a few candles. It smells of vine and blood. But what hits me the most is the power i feel around here. It feels ancient and its almost overwhelming.

   I feel the witches powers, i can almost hear the chanting of spells. I can feel the almost crazy amount of power radiating off of the vampires here. It feels like utter death and destruction. I shudder. Sensing so much power makes me feel alive. I have a gut feeling that i would be able to control the power and take it if i want to. But it scares to me know that i would be strong enough to do that.

  I dont think i am ready to face or unleash all my powers it. I am scared of turning into a monster and killing without remorse. Its always the pwerful ones that end up becoming overly ambitious and evil. I dont want that for myself. Instead i focus of the number of vampires i see. There are quite a lot. I pass gaurds, lovers and people who look like royalty. I also notice some humans. They are servants and sometimes also with the vampires.

  I kinda like what i see. Its not that creepy here. Infact it seems a little lively. I dont feel scared either. It feels somehow comforting. This castle is huge. We twist and turn through many passages and try to walk as slowly as i can. I dont want to rush to my death yet. Instead i glance at Andrian who is walking beside me. He seems highly alert and ready to kill.

  "So did you read the diary?" I ask him, my voice low. He glances at me and then nods his head. I notice the way he scowls a little. That shows that he didnt like what he read. Well i dont think anyone will like it. I concentrate back on my walking. I will talk to him later. Soon we come in front of huge black doors. They have golden patterns and spells engraved on them.

  "They ensure no one can hear what goes on inside the throne room. And also these doors can be sealed by saying a word if there is an attack." Andrian explains and i nod. I appreciate how he is explaining things to me.

  The doors swing open and i am almost blinded by the light. I have been walking in the dark for almost 7 minutes and then suddenly this room is blindningly bright. I squint my eyes and walk in, waiting for my pupils to adjust. I look down at the marbled floor. The room is completely silent and my footsteps echo. I look up to see the huge room. It has plenty of windows.

  They seem to be made of bulletproof glass or something stronger. There are huge crimson curtains on either side of the windows. The throneroom is alteast 60 feet long and 40 feet high. I look up at the ceiling and notice the beautiful chandeliers that hang from it. I look at the throne atlast. We almost reach it. I glance at Edwin. He descretly breaks through the circle the Hunters made and walks in front of them.

  His face is expressionless. He looks confident and determined as he walks. His eyes are trained on the throne. I feel bad that he has to face his father after all these years because of me. I look at the throne. It is on a raised platform. There are four thrones but only two are occupied. The biggest one is occupied by a regal looking man. He is wearing tunics and pants which belong to the 18th century.

  He has long black hair and glinting silver eyes. He looks like he is in his late 40s. He is really intimidating and scary. I almost want to run away when his centuries old gaze falls on me but i walk steadily, looking at him without flinching. The Hunters all drop down on thier knees as they reach the dias. Edwin bows deeply and murmurs : "Father."
King Lucas smiles as he looks at his son and i feel a little relieved.

  Well maybe this guy is not all bad. He seems to like Edwin. I glance over to the next occupied throne. It feels like someone has literally stabbed me in the gut. I gasp out loud, my eyes wide as i stare. Sitting on the throne is my mother.