10

I think that i am going to lose it. I am a half-vampire. But how? I dont drink blood or have red eyes right? The sun doesnt burn me and i havent killed people.... yet. I just cant be a half-vampire. That is like so not possible. Andrian is lying. He has to be lying. Or maybe he is delusional. Or maybe he is just kidding with me. Yup he is totally joking around.

   Denail. I think i have been denying many truths and facts from myself my whole life. I slowly slid into the couch and tried to calm down. Panicking and then wanting to run away us not going to help things. I have to keep my head. I cant lose it yet. I am pretty sure life is going to throw a lot of shit at me. I sigh and look up at the ceiling.

  "Are you sure i am a half-vampire?" I ask Andrian, my voice barely above a whisper.

  "Yes." He replies softly.

   "How are you so sure?" I ask, turning my head to look at him.

   "Because i can sense the vampire blood that runs through you. And i can also sense human blood with it. It took me a lot of days of.....stalking and research to come to the conclusion. It is true. You are a half-vampire." He explains.

  "How?" I ask him. My head reeling a little.

  "We vampires are dead but not completely. Our hearts still beat and we eat normally. But our bodies do not change throughout the years. Woman cannot procreate becaus off this, but sometimes, men can procreate with a human woman. I think that is what happened with you. Your mother is a human. So i suspect your father to be a vampire." Andrian explained.

   Wow. So my father is a vampire. Well it makes sense. I have watched twilight. Well turns out there was some truth to it afterall. I looked at Andrian again. His eyes were still burning but his gaze had softened a bit. He was good with explaining things when he felt like it. But i dont think he is very patient. Or maybe he just doesnt like me. But why doesnt he like me? I am very likeable.

   "Why dont you like me?" I asked him softly. Andrian's eyes widened at my question. But then schooled his expression back to normal soon.

   "As i told you before, i can sense others distress and pain. It was really bad in the beginning but it became tolerable after a few decades. But when you first came into this town, i felt like someone had stabbed me. I had not felt so much pain in many centuries. So i followed the pain. It led me to you. I dont know how someone can be hurting so much and still live normally. Thats why i followed you. I came to the conclusion that i felt so much pain from you is because you vampire side is fighting against your human side. There is also something else in your nature which isnt human or vampire. I dont know what it is. But it is very strong." He explained.

  I closed my eyes and took a few seconds to process alm that he had told me. I am a half-vampire. My father is a vampire. Vampires are very much real. I have three natures within me, human, vampire and something else. This is crazy. Well i am pretty freaked out but i kinda like it. Now many things make sense.

  Now i know why i grew up so fast, had blackouts, had outburts and it also explains the bone crushing pain i feel sometimes. Now i know why i am so fast and strong. It also explains the searing hunger that used to consume me and only be sated after i had the red juice mom gave me. Oh my goodness. That juice can actually be blood. Wow.

   This explains why mom had kept me hidden from the world. I wait for the shock to hit me and for me to start freaking out. But it doesnt happen. I guess a part of me had always known the truth. But my head is still spinning a little. I sigh again. All this talking has made me hungry. I get up and walk towards the kitchen.

  "I am hungry. I am going to go get some food. Do you prefer coffee or hot chocolate?" I asked Andrian. I didnt ask him if he was hungry because i am pretty sure he would refuse.

  "Coffee." He said with a flicker of a smile. It was so tiny i had almost missed it. But his eyes had softened a little and there was just a tiny flicker of a smile. Just as i walking into the kitchen, Andrian's phone started buzzing. He picked it up and scowled. If i concentrated enough, i could hear the voice on the other side. It was a male voice.

  Within seconds, Andrian was up and walking out of the door. He opened the door and then turned to look at me. He gave me a sharp nod and then closed the door behind him. Hmm, that was weird. But i shrugged it off. I just somehow knew i would run into him again. So i just went to the kitchen to eat. I knew i would feel better when i had a full stomach.

  I sat on my bed and thought as i looked out of a window. I had binged eaten chocolates and cookies and now i was ready to think. I lay down on my bed and thought. I recalled everything abnormal in my lif and tried to connect the dots. I did feel better when i found explanations for certain situations. But after a while, i was just too exhausted to continue.

  I was running. I was running fast. The ground flew beneath me and the trees were a blur around me. I wasnt running just for the sake of running. I was running for my life. I was being chased. I dont know who was chasing me. I just knew that i had to run. I heard footsteps behind me. My fear spiked and i pushed myself to run faster.

  I heard a loud sound and i somehow knew a bullet had been shot. I screamed and fell as it the bullet hit my left calf. I was on my knees. Within seconds, she was standing before me. She was really fast and i was so scared. Her blazing red hair was tied in a bun and she was wearing all black. She was a few inches shorter to me. She looked a lot like mom but yet not like mom.

  Her skin was pale and perfect. She was holding a gun in her hand. Her beautiful face was scowling as she looked at me. Her brown eyes looked at me with so much hatred, it felt like they could kill me without any weapon. In a swift motion she place the gun on my forehead.

"You have lived too long. You are a mistake. You are better off dead." She spat. Her words stung me like physical punches. She looked at me a few more seconds. It was like she was assessing me. It looked like i disgusted her. Why would i disgust her? Who was she?

  "Goodbye daughter." She whispered so softly i almsot didnt hear it. And then she shot me.