14

"So who wants to kill me?" I asked Catherine after gathering my thoughts.

   "When the Half-vampires couldnt be controlled anymore, the kings decided it was time to end them. All the kings gathered their strongest and bravest soldiers and gave them the rest of destroying anyone or anything that could put the Vampire world in jeopardy. This formed a group of warriors who were loyal to their casue and fearsome. They were called the Hunters. They are ruthless when it comes to destroying such threats. They also have witches who aid them. These witches will sense when a half-vampire comes of age and can lead to destruction. This information will be passed onto the Hunters. They have been searching for your for days. Luckily, i have a few witch friends and they protect this house from anything or anyone i do not invite in. The witches warned me that the Hunters were coming for you and so i brought you here." Catherine explained.

   I sighed as i processed all the information. I do understand why i am not supposed to exist but i am not a threat. I dont need to be destroyed. I will be careful. I feel lost though. All this new discoveries... they make me feel lost and alone. I feel like i dont know what to do anymore. I dont even know who i am anymore. And i hate that.

   The room door opens and Andrian walks in. I almost want to ask him if he has ever learnt how to knock but then i know i will just be wasting my breathe. He just walks in and lays down on the bed. He stretches and looks up at the ceiling. While he stretched, his t-shirt rides up and i see pale skin and abs. I gulp and look at his face.

  His eyes are closed and his arms are behind his head. He sighs and then opens his eyes and looks at me. My breathe gets caught in my throat and i look away, blushing.

   "Did he stop analysing everything?" Catherine asked Andrian.

   "No. He wasnt even half done. Fortunately he got a phone call and he left." Andrian replied casually.

  "Fine. You both be here, i will go get some food for you." She said with a smile and then walked out of the room. I really liked her. She was kind and caring. And also she was risking a lot while trying to protect me. Andrian turns and supports himself with his elbow, his eyes trained on me.

   "So.....umm thank you for bringing me here." I tell him, my voice soft. I dont know why but i feel nervous around him. Andrian just nods in response. I look out of the window. The silence in the room is just slightly uncomfortable. Catherine came in carrying a big tray. My mouth watered when i realized she got sandwiches.

   I got up and hugged her. I have always been a little expressive about my love with hugs. She hugged me back. I pulled back and smiled at her. I had never felt so safe and happy with anyone before. Catherine just put me at ease.

  "Thank you so much for everything." I told her and she smiled wider and nodded. Then we sat down on the bed. I carefully took the plate and ate. The three of us ate in silence. Even though i guess i knew all i had to know i still felt like something was missing. I felt like there was still a piece of the puzzle which i hadnt found yet.

   After we finished eating, Catherine and i talked for a while. We talked about school and about life. She loved shopping and was well good at everything. We shared much in common and i loved how well we just clicked with eachother. It somehow felt like i had finally made a best friend. After sometime Catherine sat up and stopped talking. She had really good senses.

  "What is it?" Andrian asked, sitting up.

   "I cant feel him anymore." She whispers. Andrian goes rigid. In the next second, Catherine is outside the room.

  "Take care of Chantel. I am going to go look for him." Catherine said before disappearing. Andrian and i sat in silence for a few minutes, contemplating what to do. After a few minutes, i got up, taking the  tray and plates with me. Andrian followed me.

   "Can you tell me where is the kitchen?" I asked him and he silently started walking in front of me. He lead me to the kitchen and it was huge and beautiful. I loaded the dishes in the dishwasher and stood there. Andrian sat on the counter and watched me curiously.

  "Why are you cleaning the dishes?" He asked me.

   "Its the least i can do. You people invited me in your house and put yourselves in danger to protect me. I can atleast help with the dishes." I told him. I took out the clean dishes and started placing them in their places. Andrian didnt reply but he looked at me strangely.

   "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask him.

   "Nothing. You are just not what i had expected." He replied.

  "What do you mean?" I ask him. He slid down and counter and started walking, i followed him. We went to the living room and Andrian sat down on the sofa, i followed his lead.

  "I told you before that i could sense people distress and pain. The pain i sensed from you was overwhelming. And it wasn't normal. Not even for a half-vampire. So i thought that there was so much pain within you because you were a spiteful and hateful person. Thats why i behaved a little rudely before." He replied.

  Ooohhh thats why he was an ass. But well i wasnt a spiteful or hateful person. I was really nice... if i wanted to be. We fell into comfortable silence after that. Andrian didnt seem like the type who would talk a lot. So i just relaxed and thought about everything all over again.

   "Catherine said that she couldnt feel Edwin anymore. What did that mean?" I asked him after sometime.

  "Catherine has the ability to sense people's happiness and love. That is why people feel so happy and relaxed around her but its more than that when it comes to Edwin. Even though it is really rare, we have something similar to soulmates. They are bonded together and they can feel eachother all the time. They can sometimes also share thoughts and emotions through the bond. They complete eachother. Catherine and Edwin are soulmates. Edwin could sense Catherine while she was still human and he found her and they have been inseparable since then." Andrian explained.

  Wow. Thats beautiful. I wonder if i have a soulmate out there. It felt good to know that something so beautiful could happen. It gave me hope.