7

Mason took me to a nice restaurant. It was welcoming, cozy and warm. It was a little outside the town and an hour's drive. We sat down at a table in the far corner of the restaurant. It was a little more private. I picked up and read the menu and tried to decide what to order. When i glanced up to look at Mason, i caught him looking at me.

   I smiled and looked into his eyes. His eyes were light brown and warm but they werent mesmerising. They didnt capture me or take my breathe away.  Smiling, Mason touched my hand with his. I really expected to feel something when he touched me but i felt nothing. No butterflies or tingles.

   Why i am not feeling something for Mason? He is literally every girl's dream. What on earth is wrong with me? Wait, lets not go there. Even though i was not feeling like i had hoped, i played my part well. I smiled and laughed when i was supposed to. I ate raveoli which was really good. But through out the date, it was Mason who kept talking.

  He talked about his childhood, his family, his friends, his hobbies and his dreams. Even though i am a shy kinda person in the beginning, i talk a lot once i am comfortable enough. But with Mason, i didnt even try to talk. And he was used to talking for the two of us these past weeks. After we ate our dinner, we went to eat some ice cream.

  The ice cream parlour Mason took me to was quite and small. We both went for chocolate ice cream. While eating the ice cream, i spoke a litte. I told him a little about how we kept moving and how i was home schooled. Mason was a good listener and he felt very happy when i told him that he was the first friend i had made.

   After sometime, we decided to head back home. During the drive, we played music and sang along the lyrics at the top of our lungs. It felt good to be singing with him like that. I think that was the only part of the date i liked except the food of course. We laughed and sang the whole way home.

  Mason followed me till i reached the door of my house. Then i turned around and looked at him. I couldnt invite him in because mom was home. Her car was parked in the drive way. I wasnt ready to introduce him to mom yet. I leaned my back on the door and looked at him with a smile.

   "Can i tell you something?" Mason asked while nervously rubbing his neck. I nodded.

  "Till now the only good deed Mia has done is introducing us. When i looked at you for the first time, i knew you were special. You are so damn beautiful Chantel. Those innocent blue eyes and fiery locks are mesmerising. I am so grateful for today. Thank you for going out with me." He said. He looked so sincere and cute when he spoke all this.

  His words literally melted me. No one has  complimented me like this. Ever. It just felt so good to know that i was special and i was mesmerising to someone. I just took a step forward and kissed Mason. It was a short kiss and he kissed me back. When i stepped back, we were both surprised. Did i just kiss him?

  Before i could process anything, he pulled me by my waist and kissed me again. And then he pulled back to look in my eyes and he grinned. He looked so damn happy. But then why did i feel sad and empty? Then i noticed that Mason's lips had turned red. My lipstick must have done that.

  I smiled and tried to rub the lipstick off his lips. Mason kissed my fingers and i smiled. I realized that it was getting late and so i backed off and told him : "Good night."

   "Good night beautiful." He replied with a smile and i couldnt help but grin back. I stood at the door until he drove away in his truck. I entered the house and looked at my mother sitting on the couch while sipping coffee. I sat down next to her and told her all about the date. She smiled and looked happy but she was also worried.

  She had the right to be concerned and worried, the world isnt a good place. After talking to her, i head into my room. I heard a distant shout. I quickly ran into my balcony to see a huge tree fall in the forest. I gasped as it fell heavily on its neighbouring trees, bending them. I hate it when trees were cut and nature destroyed.

   I quickly jumped out of my balcony and ran towards the forest. When i neared the fallen tree, i couldnt help but feel sad. The tree was huge and beautiful, it didnt fall because its roots couldnt hold it anymore. It was uprooted. They were also footprints around it. My blood boiled when i thought about the person who did this.

  But i pushed my anger aside. This one tree was disturbing two other strong trees. Those two trees might break or worse, catch fire. I had to remove the uprooted tree. I slowly examined it. It was atleast 20 feet tall and 3 foot wide. This was going to be a little difficult. I took a deep breathe and then tried lifting the tree up.

  God it was very heavy. But i didnt give up. Somehow, i knew that i was strong enough to lift it up. I huffed and puffed and then after struggling for a few minutes, i was finally able to lift it up completely. I took a few steps to the left where there was enough place for the tree. After a little more struggling, i put the tree down and then sat on its trunk.

  I took deep breathes and streached my arms. God that was heavy. It had be atleast a tonne or something. And then i realized that i shouldnt be able to do what i just did. No normal human is strong enough to lift up an entire tree. But i did it. I did it because i wanted to. I took a deep breathe.

  I was a freak. I am not a human. I am not normal. I am dangerous. I am a threat. I couldnt control my thoughts as i started freaking out. I hugged my knees and moved back akd forth while taking deep breathes in an attempt to calm myself but it wasnt happening. I felt so damn scared and paranoid. I wanted to run away.

   A rich and velvety voice interrupted my panicked thoughts. The voice sang a slow, soft melody. I didnt understand what it was but it sounded amazing. The melody calmed my panicked thoughts. Instead suddenly all my happy memories flashed through my head. I relaxed and closed my eyes, smiling while listening to the melody.

  The voice sounded so good, i wanted to keep it with me forever. I slowly lay down on the trunk of the tree and looked up at the starry night. After a few minutes, my eyes started feeling heavy, i closed my eyes and then a  soothing blackness swallowed me.