33

I wake up with a mind crushing head ache. I wince and feel like i want to punch something. This definitely has to be one of the worst moods i have ever woken up to. I open my eyes and immediately feel and sense that i am in a different place. This is not my room or Andrian's. I look at the grey ceiling and just let myself come back into the land of the living. My head starts hurting more as i remember everything that happened yesterday.

     It definitely has to be one of the worst days of my life. I turn to my right to see Andrian. He sitting on the bed and watching me. I smile at him and then immediately wince. Apparently smiling is not a good idea when you are having supernatural headaches after you have overused your powers and melted brains of very strong vampires. I sigh and frown. I hope i dont have these headaches all the time.

  I have a gut feeling that i am going to be using my powers a lot and if i feel like my brain is getting crushed everytime i use my powers, i am going to be in constant pain. I slowly look around the room to see no windows. They clearly dont want me to leave. I have no idea if its day or night. How can they live here for so many years in complete darkness?

  Wait. I totally forgot to ask Andrian a very important question. Can vampires survive sunlight? I open my mouth to ask him the question when it feels like someone is ripping me apart. I bite down a scream and close my eyes. I immediately feel Andrian. He puts his arms around me, cradling me to him. He gently kisses my forehead and i immediately feel the pain go away.

   He keeps me close to him for a while and i totally dont mind. I hold him close and savour the feeling of safety and peace. He kisses my forehead again before letting go of me. My head stopped hurting and i feel my spirits rise a little. I get up and grin at Andrian. I am genuinely grateful to have him by my side, healing me and taking care of me. He gives me a small smile in return.

   I get off the bed and start walking around the room. I feel a little conscious that i am only wearing a black tshirt. It covers the essentials but it reaches above my mid thigh. I shyly glance at Andrian to find him already looking at me. His eyes follow my every movement and he is sitting so very still that he seems like a statue. A very beautiful, perhaps the most beautiful statue.

   Sensing my eyes on him, he looks at me. I inhale sharply as i feel my heart skip a beat. I feel my stomach flutter and i slowly walk towards him, my legs moving on their own. I just feel this pull towards him. Its like there is something connecting us together. And it is very very strong. I am a hands distance away from him when i try and get a little control over myself.

   "Vampires are not affected by sunlight?" I ask him, my voice hoarse. Andrian keeps his eyes on me as he reaches for a glass of water and gives it to me. I thank him and drink it greedily.

  "The first three vampires were formed purely from magic and a lot of blood sacrifice. They were strong enough to tolerate the sun and its effects. The sun does not burn us to death. It only weakens us. We cannot use our powers and it almost feels like we are human. The more we are in the sun, the more our energy drains until we are nothing but ashes. So most vampires completely avoide going in the sun. But we found a way to walk in the sun without any major consequences. While i was a Hunter, i saved many witches from half-vampires and savage vampires. As a token of gratitude, they made me immune to the sun's burning results. They engraved spells on me so that i will never be harmed by the sun." He explains.

   He gets off the bed and then in a swift motion, removes his tshirt. I look at his perfect muscular torso and then he turns around, and i look at his back. There are words and phrases written on his back. They begin at the base of his neck and stop after his shoulder blades. They were black and were written in perfect lines. They didnt make sense when i tried reading them. They were most probably latin spells.

   I wonder how they had made it stay on him. Magic was truly a mystery and a wonder. I slowly trail my fingers on each syllable and Andrian shivers under my touch. It feels like tracing embellished words. I let my fingers trail over them. While my fingers are still on his back, he slowly turns around to face me. The look on his face takes me off guard.

   His face is not carefully blank. But its has so many emotions running all over them. I see passion and desire and so many more. I feel my heart speed up as i look into his beautiful eyes. We both take a step towards eachother and his arms circle around me, pulling me to him. I press against his chest. It feels so cold and solid. I want to touch him. I want to touch all of him.

   I close my eyes and feel him lean forward. My breathing quickens as his forehead rests agaisnt mine. I rise on my toes to kiss him. His cold yet soft lips brush against mine. Just as i am about to kiss him, someone knocks on the door. I startle and jump back. Andrian looks surprised but he quickly wears his tshirt and opens the door. A woman stands on the other side of the door.

  She is plain with brown hair and brown eyes but there is a tenderness on her face. She is definitely a vampire, i dont know how i know but i just know that she is a vampire.  She smiles at Andrian and nods at him. He nods back.

  "Wont you let me come in Andy?" She asks him and to my surprise, his smile widens and he lets her in. She looks at me and smiles, a genuine smile.

  "She is so pretty!" She exclaims before walking over to me. She is holding a tray full of things that she keeps on the bed and then stands in front of me with a smile. I smile back at her.

  "Hi! I am Lillian. And its great to meet you." She tells me and i cant help but like her. She seems really nice. Even though i had felt really angry when she had called Andrian 'Andy', she didnt seem that bad.

  "Hey Lillian. I am Chantel." I tell her, keeping my tone neutral. Lillian opens her mouth to talk to me but Andrian puts a hand on her shoulder. Lilian turns to him and pouts. He slowly takes her to the door, whispering softly. And then he closes the door behind her. I raise my eyebrows at him. They seemed close.

  I ignore the jealousy i feel and focus on the tray she kept on the bed. The first thing i see is note which is lying on top of all the stuff.

  Dear Chantel,
    I know i have done many wrongs in my life. But you are not one of them. I regret not coming back for you. I am happy that you are here now. I know i have to do a lot before i earn your forgiveness. I truly am sorry about everything you went through. Just like you asked for a second chance, i am asking for one too. Come dine with us today. I would love to get to know you better.

   Love,
  Cheryl.

   Well it seems like my words have come back to bite me. I dont feel angry towards her anymore. I just feel sad, really really sad. I should go to the dinner. I am very very hungry and i do not want to push my luck. I keep the note away and look through to things to find a beautiful dress, a pair of earrings and a pair of heels.

   Well looks like i am going to have a family dinner.