26

It is really difficult to sit quitely, looking out of the window while feeling his dark eyes on me. Whenever he looks at me, it feels like a soft caress and i just have this burning urge to look at him, talk to him, kiss him and be with him. God what have i gotten myself into? I do like him. Like like like him. But i cannot exactly focus on that right now can i?

  So i do the next best thing : distract myself. I play worst case scenario in my head. I use my crazy imagination to come up with different ways things will go down once i meet King Lucas. Its fun to imagine how my life is going to end. I feel like i am going crazy. What if i actually die and this is the last day of my life? I am just wasting it!

  I have so many things to do. I still have to live and go on adventures. Ugh. I hate this! Maybe i should make a run for it. Consequences be damned. I might go to Spain or perhaps even to Russia. I would love the cold. Maybe i should run. I will kick off the door of the car and run into the woods. But after that?

  I couldnt plan more of my escape as i felt something being kept on my thigh. I look down to find my mother's diary. I look towards Andrian, forgetting that i should not be looking at him. My breathe hitches and my heart lurches as my eyes meet his. Why was i staying away from him? I unconsciously lean towards him. He leans towards me too.

  It felt like we were two magnets. It felt like a physical pull. Like there was an invisible string pulling us towards eachother. I couldnt stay away from him. Andrian slowly put his cold hand on my cheek and i sighed in relief. It felt so good when he was touching me. I leaned into his touch and Andrian's thumb caressed my cheek. He smiled then. His lips curved upwards, crinkling his eyes a little.

  I smiled back at him. It felt right. I felt so happy that i had made him smile. I wanted to stay like that forever. Andrian moved too fast. Our foreheads were suddenly agaisnt eachother. My heart sped up and i shyly looked at him. His eyes were closed and he looked happy. He came a little closer and i closed my eyes in anticipation. But the kiss never came.

  I felt his soft, cold lips kiss my forehead and we stayed like that for a few seconds. Then he moved, his mouth hovering over my ear, almost touching it.

"You should read and learn what you are, Tesoro." He whispered, his voice soft. I nodded and he moved away.

  I took a deep breath and shook my head. I looked down at the diary. He was right. I still had to learn about my heritage. I opened the diary and dived into the past :

  "You are a witch?" I asked my mother. I didnt even know if she was my mother. She had so many secrets. What if she was lying right now.

  "Yes Elena. I am a descendant of very powerful witches. So are you and Cheryl. But our bloodline is a cursed one. Our ancestor is the creator of vampires. After he created vampires, the other witches cursed us and removed us from their communities. We were seen and treated as criminals. Over the years, many of our ancestors went dark and created havocs. We are the last of the bloodline. And i wouldnt be able to bear if something happened to the two of you because of the powers. Our bloodline is cursed to be very powerful but not being able to use those powers. It makes most of our ancestors go mad. It is a physical pain to feel the immense strength of our powers but not being able to use them. It weighs you down and that is why many turned towards dark magic. Dark magic will release the powers. But it always ends in destruction. I didnt want you both to go throw the same pain. So i took away all your powers when you were born. You both would live long healthy and normal lives. When the coven found out about what i had done, they were kind enough to take me and help me with the pain. I could not refuse them. I needed someone to make sure i had enough strength to bear the curse. That is why i had to leave. I am so very sorry i couldnt be there for the two of you when you needed me. I was just trying to protect you." She explained.

  I felt sad and also i was thankful. If everything she said was true, she saved our lives. She took us away from a life of curses and pain. She suffered for us. It was wrong of me to not trust her. Cheryl hugged mother, thanking her and also apologising to her. I slowly went and hugged her too.

   I did not know that one hug from my mother would ease away all my pain and worries. But it did. For the rest of the evening, the three of us sat together and spoke to eachother. It felt good. It felt like a burden had been lifted off my chest. It felt like everything in the world was right. But i knew it was too optimistic of me.

  "Are you really pregnant?" I asked Cheryl. The smile on her face, faded. She looked on the floor and then nodded.

  "Are you out of your mind? How could you he so stupid to get pregnant right now? Your life has just begun!" I screamed at her. I couldnt believe she would throw everything away for one vampire.

  "I am so sorry. We used protection, we were being very careful but i dont know how it happened. I took the test a few days ago and found out that i was pregnant. I didnt know what to do. I was going to tell you but then mom came and i didnt know how to tell you." She rambled and i sighed.

  "Girls, this baby is very important. It is a chance of redemption given to us. I know you might not like what i am saying. But this child can solve a lot of problems. This child might remove the curse on our bloodline and redeem our ancestors." Mother said.

"We are not going to keep this baby for redemption or your vision. Cheryl is not ready to be a mother. She is just 18! Mother you cannot be supporting this!" I almost yelled. I could not believe how these two were behaving.

I looked at Cheryl and saw resolve and determination on her face. She had made a decision. I hoped it was not something which will ruin everything. She placed a hand on her growing belly and smiled, a distant look in her eyes.

  "I can feel it. I can feel its movement. Sometimes i can also feel its heart beat. It feels so beautiful that i can create and give birth to a new life. I cannot give this baby up Elena. This child needs to be born and raised by us. It will do great things. This child is going to change the world." She said in a soft voice, almost like she was talking to the baby inside her.

  I sighed. I did not want to kill this baby. I looked at Cheryl and then at my mother. They both looked like they were living for this baby. I couldnt take this happiness from them. So the baby was going to live and bloom.