8

I woke up slowly from my peaceful sleep. No dream, no nightmares, no alarms, no mom. It felt so good to wake up on my own. I felt so well rested. A slow smile spread across my face as i stretched myself. And then the memories of the past two nights came rushing back to me. I sat up straight and then swore. Ugh when did my life become so eventful?

   I look down to see that i was sleeping in what i had worn yesterday night. I saw my shoes neatly kept next to my other shoes. And my balcony door was closed. Mom would have closed it. I looked on my bedside table to find a note kept under my phone. It was written in mom's neat handwriting. It said:

   "I had to attend a teacher's seminar in Texas with all the other faculty members. I am sorry i forgot to tell you. I will be back within 3 days time. I have kept some cash and all the groceries in the kitchen. Dont do anything i wouldnt do.
Love,
Mom"

  I sighed. This was so typical of her. I dont even think that there actually is a teacher's seminar. And how can she forget to tell me about it? But looking on the bright side, i had the house all to myself for 3 days. I could do whatever i wanted to. I liked how adventurous and reckless things can get. I can literally do anything i want to. I loved how this freedom felt.

  With my high spirits, i danced my way to the kitchen. I put the cash away in my bag and then looked through the groceries. Once i had put everything into its place, i went to shower. While showering, i couldnt help but think about everything that had happened. I was really scared to admit it but i had to admit that there was something supernatural going on.

   I quickly got dressed and munched on sandwiches as i contemplated what to do. So first, i did not know who my father was. No matter how much i asked my mother about my fahter's identity, she would not answer the question. Second, i was too weird and abnormal to be a human. Third, i had a stalker who ran with supernatural speed. Fourth, Andrian had healed my wounds just by touching my foot. Fifth, i had fallen asleep twice without my consent. Sixth, the tree had been mysteriously uprooted.

   I needed answers and explanations. And somehow i knew only one person would be able to explain everything to me. Even though i did not want to even look at him, i needed answers. I got my phone and called Mia.

  "Hey girl!" She greeted me.
   "Hey Mia!" I greeted her with appropriate enthusiasm. "I need a favour." I quickly told her.

  "Anything for you." She replied and i think she is a little drunk.

  "Give me Andrian Decarlo's number." I told her and there was silence on the other side for a few moments.

   "Are you going to ask him out?" Mia asked suddenly and i choked on air.

   "What the fuck? No!!! Why would you ask that?"  I asked her. Why would she even think that?

   "Thank God. I just asked cause my brother really likes you and Andrian keeps staring at you all the time." She replied.

  "Oh. Dont worry. This is totally not a date." I assured her. She gave me his number and i thanked her before dialing Andrian. One day, i had found Mia sneaking into the student records. Apparently she had a huge crush on Andrain so she kinda stole his number. And i do get it, he is gorgeous. I shake my head, he is the enemy, i should not be thinking that he is gorgeous.

   "Hello?" Andrain asked from the other side. Damn that voice. It could make anyone swoon.

  "Hey Andrian! Chantel here." I greeted him cheerfully. I heared him sigh and my smile widened, i liked getting on his nerves.

  "What do you want?" He asked rather rudely. I did not like that tone. It was a little demanding.

   "Answers." I replied. I could feel his irritation and that somehow made me feel better.

   "What answers?" He asked and i could sense him trying his best to be patient and not snap at me.

   "The answers you refused to give me." I replied cheekliy. I was really enjoying tormenting him.

   "Listen Redhead, i donot have time to waste unlike you. So get to the point." He said and i laughed.

  "You need to try being more patient in life. Well i want to know why you stalked me for a month, why you always glared at me, how you healed my wounds and made me fall asleep twice." I replied to him.

  "Your place or mine?" He asked after a few moments.

   "My place. I will text you the address." I replied. I did not want to go to his house. God know what could happen to me.

    "I will be there in 5." And with that he cut the call.

   Exactly five minutes later, i heard an engine roar outside my house. I opened the front door and looked at Andrain. He rode an amazing silver Lamborghini. The car look so damn beautiful. Andrian stepped out of the car and he looked gorgeous. He was wearing all black. Black jeans, black boots, black jacket and black t-shirt.

  Compared to him, i looked casual. I was wearing a baby pink sweatshirt and black shorts. I looked at the car again until he reached the door and then i let him in. I closed the door behind me. And then looked at Andrain. He was already sitting on the couch. Wow, i didnt even have to ask him to make himself at home.

  "Are going to talk or are just going to stare at me like you have lost all your senses?" He asked me and damn. I so do not like him. Why does he have to be so mean? Cant he just smile and be like hi? I smiled at him sweetly and then did the one thing i really wanted to do.

   I walked over to him and punched his nose. Ow, my knuckles hurt but it was worth it. I had heard a satisfying crack as my fist connected to his perfect nose. He hissed and immediately covered his nose. I am pretty sure it was bleeding. I sat down opposite to him with a satisfied smile.

   In a few seconds, Andrian removed the hand covering his nose. I couldnt help but gasp in surprise when i saw that his nose looked normal. Like perfectly intact. It was like i had never punched him. Wtf? I stared at him in surprise as he smirked at me.

   "Who are you?" I asked him, trying to make sense of what i had seen. He rolled his eyes at me.

   "Havent you already guessed? I am not human." He replied.

   "What do you mean?" I asked him.

    "I mean that i am not human." He spoke really slowly like he was talking to a child. Now i rolled my eyes.

   "I heard you smartass. Kindly elaborate your words." I told him rather rudely. God he wad already rubbing off on me.

   "I am a vampire." He replied casually. And my world stopped.