eleven ✰

"Don't touch her," JJ yelled pushing Rafe away from me. Rafe stumbled back before catching himself. I stepped in between the two as I met JJ's rage-filled eyes. I'd never seen the boy so angry. I put my hand on his shoulder hoping to calm him down somewhat.

"JJ, stop," I begged him, trying to grab him as he pushed me to the side.

"You stop, Marley," he turned back to me, "What the FUCK did we tell you." At the sound of screaming, the rest of the pogues came outside seeing what was going on. John B and Kie ran to JJ's side, equally as angry at the sight of Rafe. Pope, however, rushed to my side. I watched John B and Kie started to yell at Rafe too.

"Why are you here, Rafe," Kie asked, a deep glare in her eyes. Pope looked down at me in concern, I slightly pushed his hand off my shoulder as I moved towards the group.

"Marley," he tried to call me back, "no, Pope, not now."

"He was dropping me off," I said, "my dad and I got into a fight and he was driving by and stopped," I finished, standing in front of Rafe to block him from my friends and their verbal assault.

Rafe put his hand on my back, in thanks for defending him. John B saw the interaction and stepped forward, roughly pulling me away from the older boy. As JJ realized what had happened he stalked towards Rafe, a sickening crunch was heard as he punched the tall boy.

"Rafe," I screamed as the boy held his nose. Another punch went at Rafe this time to his cheek. I watched as his head whipped to the side. He had yet to fight back. I tried to push past John B to help but was held back by Kie and Pope. My small figure was easily held back as another punch hit Rafe, sending him to the ground.

"Stop," I screamed out, starting to cry. JJ climbed on top of the older boy, sending punch after punch to his face and torso. I screamed louder as I saw the blood rushing off the side of his face. Rafe had yet to fight back, which I didn't understand.

I attempted to run forward again but Pope lifted my feet off the ground, holding me back by my waist this time. My body went limp in his arms as I met eyes with Rafe, the sad look on his face as he mouthed, "it's okay, Peanut."

As if John B's senses finally clicked, he started to pull JJ off of Rafe. After that, Pope let go of me. I ran over to Rafe and sat his head in my lap.

"I'm so sorry," I cried out to him, running a hand through his hair. I looked up for a moment to see the looks of disgust and anger in my friend's face.

"What the fuck is your problem," I screamed, they shrunk back at my voice, dripping with venom.

"You could've killed him," I continued, "and he didn't even do anything wrong. He was helping me!" I turned my focus away from them as I helped Rafe stand. I put his arm over my shoulder and walked him to the passenger side of his car.

"Keys, Powerpuff," I demanded, still steaming in anger. He reluctantly handed me the keys to his truck as I helped him into the seat.

"I'll be right back," I told him as I closed the door. I stalked back over to the pogues, starring JJ directly in the eyes.

"Are you fucking kidding me, JJ," I yelled hitting him in the chest, "I can't believe you, people," I continued my rant. I looked at the group, astounded by their actions. I turned back to see Rafe watching me from the car. Deciding I'd had enough of the group, I turned to walk away.

"Really Marley," JJ yelled again, venom dripping off his tongue, "Pogues for life, wasn't it? And now you're running off with douche king kook over there." His words hurt, but they just beat up the boy I liked, my friend.

"Marley, you barely know what a boy is, let alone how to pick a good one. Why do you even trust him? For all you know he's gonna get you on drugs or something," he continued his assault.

"Marley, don't go," Kie said, her voice breaking. I turned around one last time and looked at them.

"I'm DONE," I yelled, "I'm so tired of you guys treating me like a child. Like I can't make choices for myself. My god, I'm the same age as you guys." I looked at them all as they held shameful expressions, but I wasn't done.

"I don't even know who you people are," I said turning around to get into the driver's seat of Rafe's truck. As I sat down, I looked up to see them all walking away. I slammed my fist against the steering wheel, forgetting about the boy next to me.

"Are you ok, Marls," he asked me.
______________



A/N!
hi friendssss

how's it going???

love yall