Dinner

I really could not find a will to put my hair into that bun, so I decided to just let it be. I will get scold from my mother, but she'll get over it.

I looked at the ring on my index finger, on the left hand. I am not a big fan of jewerly generally. You will not find me with those big and heavy necklaces nor earrings. But as I promised I am wearing my grannys ring. It is beautiful to this day, as it was on my grandmothers hand.

'Okay thats enough of that, time to get down there and get this over with'

As I opened the door I heard voices.

'The guest is probably here'

Actually make that guests. I also heard my granpas voice.

I entered the dining hall and immediately they all went quiet. And by they I mean my father, the unknown man and granpa.

My granpa opened his arms calling me in for a hug.

"Ah sin tusa mo ghariníon beag"(A/N "There you are my little granddaughter")

My grandfather is Irish, while my grandmother was British. So grandpa speaks Irish very fluently, but he knows English as well. Of couse from his influence and the influence of my parents I, myself learned Irish. And a few of others languages, that my mother insisted.

"Grandpa, ní raibh a fhios agam go raibh tú ag teacht "(A/N "Grandpa, I did not knew you were coming")

"I had to discuss some things with your father mo ghaoil" (A/N "my dearest")

"Oh, well I am glad you could make it" I huges him once again, and moved to introduce myself to this mystery man.

"Pleasure to meet you, my name is Adelaide" I said as I reached to the man and did a little bow down.

"Oh, pleasure is all mine, Milady. Símon Okes" (A/N its not saymon its si:mone hope you get itttt) "Generals right hand"

He imitated my bow.

"What brings you into our humble home Sir Okes?"

"Just Símon, Milady. Your husband wanted me to accompany you as he cannot make it."

"With all due respect he is not yet my husband. He didn't have to send anybody, I am fine by muself. But I suppose I have to saying in this. Don't I?"

"No, Milady. You don't"

"Thought so. Come let us join the dinner then."

He just nodded and followed me. I sat at my usual spot next to grandpa, while he sat on the opposite side.

My mother entered the kitchen in her gown. It was magnificent as always. Simple yet beautiful. Light violet with darker details.

She sat next to father and said "Adelaide, child. Did you forgot to tie you hair properly" with a sweet voice. Fake sweetness in front off others. Well two can play that game, mother dearest.

"No mother, I did not forgot such thing" forcing a smile on my face, just as she did.

"Let her be dear. Lets begin, shall we" said my father. It sounded more like a statement than a question.

We just nodded at that.

At the table were all kinda things. From meat to salads, salty and sweet...
I wasn't very hungry so I took a small portion of soup.

"Milady, Your husband wanted for me to remind you that....." he was interrupted with my grandpa

"Husband?" He looked even in more shock that I was when I heard the news.

"Sea grandpa, tá iallach orm pósadh. But don't worry. I will be fine. Is mise do ghariníon" (A/N "yes grandpa, I'm being forced into a marriage....I am your granddaugter")
Somehow I am not sure if I was convincing him, or myself.

"Mathias!?She is too young!" He yelled at my father.

"She is not. She turned 18. Perfectly ready for marriage" said my father.

"Socair síos grandpa, its not good for your heart. Fiú fuair mé os a chionn é" well that was a major lie.(A/N "calm down grandpa....even I got over it")

"Damn your blood Mathias! Why in the bloody hell do you want to marry her of at such young age?!"

"Leave it, grandfather. Just leave it be. I'm telling you, even I got over it"

Granpa sat the rest of the dinner at silence. I did a small talk with Símon. And quickly ate the rest of my food.

"May I be excused?" I asked as I was standing up.

"You may dear" said my mother.

I did a little bow to everyone, and quickly kissed my grandpa on the cheek whispering "Is breá liom tú" to him (A/N "I love you")

"Tá mé i ngrá leat freisin" (A/N "I love you too") he whispered back.

Exiting the dining hall, I went to my room chamber to sleep.
Since I was very tired from today.
Plus this corset it kindly killing me...

()()()()(()))(((()))))()()(())

After taking hours to get rid off the stupid corset. Of course metaphorically said.
But it really did take me a long time to get out off this dress, to my night gown.

My night gown was pretty simple. Lose, white and long, whit long sleeves.
You really can not get simpler than that.

I laid down to my soft bed sheets. Ready to end the night but I felt something inside me.

My feeling was telling me that something was not right.

And If I choose to ignore it, I would deeply regret it.

Something is going to happen tonight.

Something not good.

And people are going to die.

That feeling is not going away.

But even at that feeling I was simply to tired to think.

To tired to be awake.
So I prayed that my family survives, with or without me.

"Lord, please.." I whispered and with that thought I closed my eyes.

Feeling myself drifting from reality.

(())(())(())(()((()))))((()))(())

I was woken up suddenly, by a canon's fire...

(())(())(())(())(())(()))((()))()

Ahoy, Me Hearties!!

(A/N hello my crew, family....)

Sorry for the short chapter, but fear nothing, next chapter is all worth it.

So few questions for you, I have.

1)Why are they canon shots?

Looks like I only have one question, lol

Well never mind,

I truly hope that you all are fine.

Stay true to yourselves,

Yours truly,

Crimson Mist