Dead-Living

Me being the foolish girl I am, instead of being scared I was intrigued.
It's not every day that you hear cannon fire.
But again it's not uncommon.
It's just that it never happens near our land.
It is always at the Caribbean sea.

This is The Caribbean Age.

Never mind my ramblings.

So after I heard not one but two more cannonballs I finally decided to get up from my bed, nevertheless I've been in my night gown.

I went to the window to see what was going on and let me tell it was not pretty.

I saw people running, soldiers fighting with what seemed pirates, but they weren't quite alive if I may say so. Burning houses. This odd, thick fog. And above the sea was a wrecked, weird  floating ship.

Now that's a first.

Without knocking my mother and father entered looking frantically at me.

"Adelaide child, are you okay" asked my mother with fear-struck eyes.

"Yes, I am" I nodded and only then i was my father holding a sword in his right hand, more known as the Cutlass and he had a Musket strapped around his left shoulder.

"Common Adelaide we have to leave at the bunker, here is not safe dear." Said my father hurriedly.

Our house had a bunker for the time like these. Or if there was a storm. It was basically a basement with hidden doors.

I just nodded and followed them out.

Mother and father quickly moved down the stairs, with me right behind them, when we heard a crash. It sounded like a window.

I turned to see what caused it, but my fathers gripped my forearm and tugged me behind him.

"Stay behind" he warned.

We heard crashing in the dining hall. That's when we heard

"ITS THE DEAD LIVING" from outside. Just as the man said it, my mind went for my dream.

Did I predicted the future, what is happening.

My mother brought me out off my confusion.

"Adelaide listen to me, very carefully. This in not a play. I need you to run trough the back door. Run straight to the dock. And don't stop. Even if you think that it's wrong. Run, and get on the first boat you find that looks safe enough."

"But mother...what about you, and father" I looked at her quizzically

I saw the tears in her eyes, I saw them. Even if she was fighting to save them.

"Don't worry my child. Not about us. Your father and I have prepared for this. We love you. But listen to me once again. Run...just run."
Those unshed tears, now were falling at her cheeks.
My mother, whom I have once in my life saw to cry.

"What is going on momma" I asked starting to tear myself.

"Destiny" was the only thing she said.

"Take this..." my father said holding the Cutlass towards me "..and use it if you must. Take care, we're going to meet again dear, I promise" by now tears were running freely down my cheeks.