Swabbie

I woke up with loud voices, and it took me a while to understand where I was now.

But once it struck my mind I begun to slowly rise up, and realize that my bladder is full.

Creating blottyness and kinda hurting my lower abdomen.

So naturally I got up, just now realizing I haven’t been wearing boots since yesterday. Although I don't remember taking them off, I put them on again and adjusted the suit I had been wearing since yesterday and headed for the door.
Just as I started to grab the handle from the door, they opened wide slapping me in the face.
'What a great way to start the day'
I thought to myself.
Without making any painful sound, and it hurt a lot I can tell you that, I grabbed my nose and looked at the person who was looking at me expecting a reaction. It was more than any other The Dreadful Hades, or Julian.
A normal human being would apologize after he KILLS YOU DOORS IN THE FACE. But Julian just kept quiet as if he was expecting me to apologize to him. He really made me think that he doesn't even know how to say sorry because we've been standing like this looking at each other for a good 5 minutes I think at least.

Deciding to break the silence, I asked him "So, um do you have a bathroom near?"

"Aye, head's the room next to tis one."
("head"-toilet on board the ship)

"Right or left?"

There was a moment of silence before he spoke again.

"Left Adelaide"

Without any further discussion, I nodded and walked past him as I left the room.
Entering the bathroom I closed the door quickly, leaning onto them.

'Something about the way he says my name is....Adelaide no..stop that'

'What a strange encounter', I thought but as I did not want to attach too much importance to it, I did what I had to and adjusted the suit a little more, then went out.

If I wanted to stay on this ship I needed to at least do something to make myself useful, so I made my way to Wylie who was yelling at a younger crewman.

I didn't want to interfere but the poor man was trembling from nervousness.

"AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! Ye bilge-sucking carouser...I don't wanna see you in front of me face. Just let the Cap'n hear about tis, yer gonna be fed to the sharks!" said Wylie. I put a hand on his shoulder and quickly started talking before he had the chance to throw both me and this man of the ship.

('Ye bilge-sucking carouser'- insult to a loud and reckless person; 'fed to the sharks'- don't really need an explanation to that one lmao. Oh and 'aarrgghh'- it's a pirate catch phrase of grumbling in disgust)

"Wylie can we have a word on something, if you have a moment"

He waved his hand away and asked me what did I wanted to speak about.

" I know you’re all fitted in already, and you have your own pace of how you work and that, but is there anything I can help with?
Because I don't want to be completely useless."

"Ah, aye. Follow me then. We were needing a new swabbie" he said to me as we were going to a little room underneath the staircases. He opened the door and took out a moop and a metal bucket. "Aye, take this" he spoke as he shove the two in my hand.

"I suppose ye know what to do with that"
Nodding my head I just turned away and made my way to the front of the ship.

Since there was already water in the metal bucket I dipped the wooden moop and started sweeping the wooden floor.

As I was doing this my mind went on and on about all the things that happened and that are happening.

I know that this run from Diego won't last forever, one day we shall meet again and I am fully aware of that. But I cannot let him marry me. Most importantly I cannot make myself into being married to him. But at what cost will it be? What will I have to do? What if he took my parents? The same thought enraged me, so I intentionally, without noticing started to sweep harder.
If he took my parents I swear upon Him that I will take the damn Cutlass and start a fight, even if there is no possibility that I will win. He is a general after all, and I only know how to defend myself. There is not a possibility...it is what will eventually happen.
Whatever relationship I have with my mother and father, I nonetheless fear for them. We may fought but they are the people who gave me my life. The life I am currently living. And Life is the way it is, but we should always be grateful for it. God has its plans for us we just need to discover them.
But what if I ask Julian or Wylie to teach me more?
As I am on that train of thought what is happening there. I heard so many stories about cruel pirates, who take advantage on women. I genuinely heard so many stories about The Dreadful Hades. How he and his crew kill; rob; hang people; yet none of them appeared truthful to exist. But who am I to say anything I am here only for a few days.
I am positive that they do that, because if they didn't why would people be scared of them.... be scared of him. Why would Roger and other privateers hunt him? Why? If he isn't a threat..why? But also a question I have no answer to, is nonetheless why do I feel so safe with him. I don't know him, yet I feel like I knew him for centuries the first time we officially met. The way he looks at me, the way he says my name..it just feels so naturally safe. Safer that home felt. Safer than that little spot near the ocean on land.
But I cannot let my mind wander around that area, because
there is no future to it. Nor will it ever be possible.

Not even realizing that I already cleaned half of the deck I collided with the someones hard back.

I wobbled a bit but I instantly steadied myself and turned to apologize to the person, but as I turned nobody was there.

So I just kept sweeping the rest of this floor.
Not giving myself space and time to think again.

(((()))((())(()()()()(())(())

Quickly I finished this floor and went upstairs on the rest of the deck to clean it.

The only one here was Wylie which soothed me, since I needed to ask him what to do next.
It was as if he had read my thoughts and spoke "Lassie, after yer done with sweeping, head over to Julian to check on his wounds aye? I think he told me tis morn' that he will wrap it up again, but he is a bit hot-headed ye 'now?"

"Of course Wylie, I shall check on his wounds in a bit. And after that?"

"After that is lunch ha-ha-ha-ha. Or yer could go get yer two lunch and then check on his wounds the way yer want. It up to y'u." he shrugged.

////////////////////////////////

Hi mates. I am truly sorry for just vanishing for almost 2 months as it seems to me. But I was occupied with school, hope you understand.
But here it is a new part, hope you'll like it.

Now I am not sure if I already posted on how does the 'Crimson Mist' ship looks like, so if you are interested I can post it in the next chapter.

On to the questions I have for this chapter:

When did our lovely Adelaide took off her boots, even I wonder a bit?
Whats up with Julian, did he really think she should apologize even if he hit her with the door? What if the Don actually kidnapped Mariah and Mathias?
Does anybody hate Diego or is it just me? On the other side did Adelaide really collided with someones back or did she imagined it?

That's all from me...

Stay true to yourselves,

Yours truly,

Crimson Mist.