Chapter 11

"I'm home Maa", Pedro yelled.

"Go talk some sense to your idiot twin", mami greeted Pedro by kissing him on the cheek, then walking off to the kitchen.

"Pendejo, what did you do now?" Pedro asked Mateo, who still had his head in his hands. "I screwed up".

"I called Sasha a slut and accused her of sleeping around,"Mateo sighed. Pedro rolled up his sleeves and shook his head, "You know, after an 18 hour shift at the hospital, I really thought I could come home have some drinks with my bros and chill, then hit the sack early, I don't know why I expected a different result" with this Mateo glared at Pedro.

"Did you mean it?" he shook his head, "then why did you call her that? Why did you slut shame her? Even if she was a slut, it's her body it's her choices".

"I know! That is why I'm pissed at myself!" Mateo yelled.

"She must be blind not to realise how you feel" Pedro said as he rolled his eyes and walked away, tired of dealing with Mateo.

***

Later during the day, Mami made a reservation at Santorini's, it's a beautiful restaurant by the beach and everyone dressed their best. Sasha always loved Santorini's, she sat in between Pedro and Michela, whilst across from her was mami, Mateo sat at the end of the table, and Sasha did her best to ignore Mateo.

Pedro and Sasha were chatting away like little schoolgirls with the hottest gossip, Pedro always enjoyed Sasha's company, and Sasha always admired Pedro's caring nature. Since graduating med school, Pedro hasn't been dating, and he's never really brought anyone over, so mami remained hopeful that the two would hit it off.

Once the dinner was over it was already 9pm, Sasha wanted to take a walk by the beach, so Pedro offered to walk with her and get her back safely. Wishing everyone goodnight, Mr Parker would be home by now, and mami would be excited to see him again, so Pedro and Sasha started walking towards the beach as planned.

"Hey Sash!" Mateo called out as he jogged over. She wanted to ignore him, but Pedro nudged her shoulder encouraging her to speak to Mateo.

"Yes Mateo" she said in a flat tone, as he reached over to touch her arm, she felt goosebumps for some reason.

"Sash, I'm sorry for earlier, I didn't mean to call you a slut, I didn't mean any word of it"

"I'm going to give you guys some privacy" Pedro said as he was walking away.

"Look Sash, I can't take back what I said, but from the bottom of my heart, I didn't mean it. I know you Sash, I know that you aren't like that"

"And if I was?" Sasha questioned back

"I still.. It's fine Sash, it's your body. I'm sorry, I'm an idiot. I didn't mean to call you that, I hope that you can forgive me" Mateo sighing in defeat. "Why?" she paused, "Why did you get angry at me for kissing or thinking that I did more than that with Adonis?", she was genuinely curious.

"I don't know, I guess I had other stuff on my mind and I took it out on you"

"Well don't, it's really none of your business but Adonis came over, drunk, kissed me and I kissed him back in the heat of the moment, then Clay came and basically threw Adonis out, then Adonis asked me out on a date" Sasha sighed, not knowing why she decided on explaining to Mateo.

"Are you?" he questioned, as he removed his jacket and put it on her, knowing she would be cold, and she mumbled a quick thank you. "Yeah, maybe" she answered.

"Oh" he paused staring into her eyes, then he pulled her into a hug, "I'm really sorry for what I said Sash, please forgive me?", she nodded into his chest, she could never be angry at him for long.

"Okay, I'll go now. Come back home, I feel bad for you leaving earlier. Dad is back, so I can take the couch while you take my bed" she paused for a moment wondering, "why can't I sleep in Emily's room?"

"She locked up her room and took the keys, she was afraid that mami would ransack her room and find her diaries.. It happened before"

"Ahh, it's fine. I'll think about it. You go ahead and sleep first, I miss Pedro, gonna hang with him for a while. See you Mateo" she kissed his cheek, and he kissed hers back lingering.

She smiled as she watched him walk away, then she turned to look at the waters, still and calm, she walked towards Pedro and took a seat in the sand. "You know how he feels right?" Pedro spoke up first with all seriousness in his voice.

"What do you mean?" she raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"Mateo likes you"

"Yeah I'm like his sister, dude I'm like your sister" she rolled her eyes, as if stating the obvious.

"No, he likes you more than that"

"Nope"

"Yes"

"Nope"

"Yes"

"Mateo does not like me any other way" Sasha insisted.

"Bitch, he has been in love with you for years" Sasha started laughing clutching her stomach, she slowly calmed down and said, "wow Ped, good to know you're drunk, you're making no sense."

"Look Sash, I'm not drunk, he's been in love with you. I can feel it, I'm his twin, he might not want to admit it but he always had a thing for you" Sasha shook her head in disbelief.

"Do you like him?" stunned by the question, she remained quiet, pondering, does she?

"I don't know Ped" she ends up saying, "I've always had a crush on Clay, I've never really thought of Mateo, but he's an amazing person, he's kind, generous, strong, amazing and he's always there for me even though I told him I'll be fine. Plus he likes another girl, her name is Bianca, and she is stunning. He deserves to be happy" she smiled.

"I guess you know your feelings, but I think you are afraid of admitting it. Spend some time with Mateo, get to know him. For me por favor?" she nodded in agreement, she started thinking about Mateo, does she have feelings for him? What about Adonis? Her mind was racing, so she decided to change the topic off her.

"Enough about me, so are you seeing anyone?" Sasha poke at Pedro. They always had a friendly batter, they loved each other for it. Pedro simply smiled and nodded, "so tell me more Ped!" she squealed in excitement.

"Yeah, but she's married" he said with a heavy sigh.