Chapter 23

In life we often plan ahead, we would plan for a birthday party, plan for a vacation, plan for our marriage, but babies always come at the most unexpected time. Most babies don't arrive on their due date, some earlier and some later, no matter how prepared we are for the birth, something unexpected often happens.

Mateo rushed to the hospital as Sasha screamed in pain, she was having contractions. Mateo did the best he could to soothe her, but she was in a tremendous amount of pain, Mateo quickly called Mami and Pedro, Mateo knew Pedro was working that night, he thanked God that someone was already at the hospital. Sasha was immediately escorted by the nurses and a doctor, while Sasha was getting checked, Mateo tapped his foot impatiently, biting his nails. He was nervous, he was scared, and he was worried, he was worried for his babies, but he was more worried for Sasha.

"Where is she?" Pedro asked

"I don't know, they took her in, she was bleeding. I don't know what to do Ped" Mateo put his hands through his hair, he needed to know if they were okay.

"Let me check," Pedro said.

"Dr Parker, this must be your twin" a petite doctor greeted Pedro. "Yes, he's my twin. How is his girlfriend?"

"Ah yes, Mr Parker, I'm Dr Eliza, your girlfriend is being transferred to a room as we speak, she has stopped bleeding, both babies' heartbeat is strong. She's about 7 centimeters dilated, I'm surprised you guys didn't come in earlier"

I'm going to see my babies soon, he thought to himself.

"She was complaining about her contractions for the past few days, we came in yesterday, they said it was probably Braxton Hicks, she wasn't dilated yet"

"Yeah, with pregnancy everything is always unpredicted. Anyways, your girlfriend would be in room 707". Dr Eliza informed.

They rushed to her room, to see her in tears, the pain was unbearable but she refused to take Epidural. Pedro checked her stats, while Mateo held Sasha's hand and kissed her, in an attempt to comfort her.

"Sasha, there's something wrong with your chart" Pedro pointed out, as she rode through one of her contractions. "It says here you have preeclampsia" Pedro questioned.

"It's not wrong, I found out when I was 20 weeks" Sasha tried to control her breathing.

"Why didn't you inform us or at least me earlier?" Pedro pressed.

"I didn't want to worry anyone, that's partially why I've been placed on bedrest as well" Sasha confessed.

"What is preeclampsia?" Mateo asked worriedly.

"It's nothing to worry about, the babies are fine. I've been following doctor's orders. I'm alright. AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Sasha screamed in agony.

"Mija!" Mami arrived and she rushed over, and started stroking Sasha's hair. Mami immediately noticed the ring on Sasha's finger. "Ayy! Sasha, that ring!", Mateo blushed and looked at Sasha smiling.

"We're engaged!" Mateo said happily.

"Oh my goodness! Today I am getting my grandbabies and a daughter in law. This is the second best day of my life!" mami kissed Sasha's face repeatedly, "Congratulations!" mami grabbed Mateo's face and kissed it.

"AAHHHHHHHHHHHH" Sasha screamed, her contractions were getting closer, as Pedro monitored it.

***

Two hours passed by, it's 1205 am now, Christmas Eve. Mateo called everyone to inform them that Sasha would be giving birth soon, he even managed to get a hold on her parents to give them the news. Her parents knew she was pregnant. She told them 2 months ago, but her mother decided to travel to Thailand for another vacation, while her dad told her to inform him when she gave birth, so that he could send a bouquet. Clay & Michela booked the next flight over, while Pablo and Samuel closed the restaurant to rush over.

The doctor came in to check Sasha's cervix. The last time she came in, she was only 8cm dilated.

"Okay Sasha, it's about time to push" the Dr told Sasha calmly, "Please escort everyone else out, other than the father of the babies" the Dr instructed the nurses as he pulled the chair in front of Sasha.

"I love you Mija, I'll be outside" mami wished as she kissed Sasha one last time.

"Sasha you can do this, we all love you" Pablo wished her.

"Sasha, remember we talked about" Pedro reminded her.

A few days ago, Pedro came over and had a talk with Sasha. Pedro offered to take care of Sasha and the babies after they were born. Beverly offered to take time off to spend time with her and the babies, knowing being a first time mother would be hard on anyone, Pedro also offered to pay all of her medical bills, since Sasha couldn't work and was on bed rest, in which Sasha politely declined. However she accepted Beverly's offer to help out with the babies.

Sasha was scared, but she always thought she would be alone, she thanked God for Mateo. Sasha was happy that everyone was over and for the first time ever, she felt truly loved and accepted. She's finally giving birth to her babies, she has family and now she's engaged to the love of her life, Mateo Aston Parker. Mateo stood next to her stroking her hair, whispering sweet words in her ear.

"I love you mi amor"

"Okay Sasha, listen to me, I know you are in a lot of pain, but it's only a little bit longer, when you feel a contraction coming, I want you to grab your knees and push as hard as you can for 3 times, then stop, then repeat on the next contraction alright?"

"I love you so much mi amor. You're doing great"

"Sasha, here comes a contraction, PUSH!" the Dr yelled as he stared at the monitor.

Sasha took a deep breath, grabbed as close to her knees as possible and pushed, pushed again, and she pushed.

"Good job baby, you're almost there" Mateo whispered.

"Again Sasha, you can do this" the Dr cheered.

Sasha took a deep breath, grabbed as close to her knees as possible and pushed, pushed again, and she pushed, this time she was able to feel her baby slowly come out.

"Good job Sasha, your first baby is out, now remember to push 3 times when you have a contraction"

"Mi amor, she's so beautiful, you're doing great mi amor, I love you so much mi amor".

"Next time use a condom Parker!" Sasha barked, she could hear the nurses chuckling around her, and Mateo kissed the top of Sasha's head, "mi amor, that is a discussion for another day"

They could hear their princess crying in the corner as Sasha started another contraction, she pushed 8 more times, and her other princess was born.

The nurses cleaned both babies and immediately placed them on Sasha's chest, Sasha stared at them in awe, as Mateo lovingly gazed at them, both of them in tears as they look at their beautiful baby girl.

"1227am, 24th December 2019 and 1234am, 24th December 2019" the Dr called out, "Do we have a name for them yet?" the nurses asked.

"Talia Rose Parker & Tessa Emerlyn Parker" Sasha answered.

"I love you so so much Sasha"

"I love you to Mateoooo" Sasha slurred as her eyes rolled back.

"She's crashing! Remove the babies now!" The Dr yelled as the nurses were frantic.