Chapter 20

Do you believe in The One? Many often do, many believe God created a person for each and everyone one of us, and they would eventually find their way to be together. What if you are married to someone who isn't your Person, and you found that Person after you get married? What should you do if your Person comes into your life after you've gotten in a relationship? What if that Person was there all along, but you overlooked them? What if you made a mistake and chose poorly? Would you push your ego away to be with that Person or would you work on your relationship with your current SO?

The moment Mateo stepped in, his eyes immediately found Sasha, she hadn't noticed him yet, he could not tear his eyes away from her, he felt guilty looking at another girl so intensely when his girlfriend Bianca was next to him. Sasha looked beautiful as always, she had her hair down, and her waves were cascading down her shoulders, but she looked like she lost weight, her cheeks were sunken, her eyes were red and she looked exhausted, but remained a smile on her face.

Few days ago, Sasha came in the gym when he wasn't at work, she dropped an invitation card with his receptionist, when he read the card, he contemplated, he was seeing Bianca now, he didn't want to go back to Miami without her, he felt it would be right if she met his family, so he bought her a ticket, and she was excited because she was serious about the relationship and it was taking a step towards hopefully marriage.

The moment Sasha's eyes connected with his, his heart stopped, he had to look away immediately, he didn't want to let her in his soul, and he didn't want to look into hers. Memories of that night came flooding in, as he tightened his grip on his girlfriend Bianca.

"Hey guys, this is my girlfriend Bianca" Mateo introduced to everyone, avoiding eye contact with Sasha. Mami looked shocked, but quickly covered it with a smile.

Mateo sat directly across Sasha, but never making eye contact, everyone dug in the delicious food prepared for them. Mateo and Sasha avoided all forms of communication, everyone else got along.

Cling

Cling

Cling

Sasha tapped her glass with a fork gaining everyone's attention, and she stood up, adjusting her shirt, ensuring that no one else knew her secret.

"Hi everyone, most of you are Parkers or part of this family, thank you today for coming. I know you guys are probably wondering why I invited you guys here, but we will get to that part soon" she paused, smiling at everyone, avoiding Mateo completely, "First thing's first, Happy birthday mami, you have been a mother to me since I was 14 and alone, I haven't heard from my mother in a long time, and in the time that I've spent with you, you are the most welcoming person that I know, and the most understanding person. You Mr Parker, Ted I mean, are the luckiest guy on this earth. Thank you for always being my mom mami, you guys are my family. I hope that one day when I become a mother" she looked down at Pedro and smile, then to mami and smile, mami was in tears by now, Sasha took her thumb wiping away mami's tear, "I hope that one day when I become a mother, I hope that I can follow in your footsteps. You are my role model and I hope one day my kids would have a family like this. You guys are my heart and lifeline. So toast to you mama, you've raised me and your actual kids amazingly well" everyone raised their glass and drank, Sasha wiped her tears, feeling extra emotional. Mami stood up, hugged Sasha and told her how much she loved her.

"Now second of all, as I said you guys are my family and lifeline, thus I would love for you to meet my other lifeline, I want both of my families to get to know each other" everyone looked confused, Sasha looked at Pablo and Samuel standing at the side motioning them to come over, "Everyone meet my other family Pablo and Samuel, Pablo here is the owner of Pablo's by the beach, and Samuel here it's his son, and recently I've been slightly down, but both of them never left my side and for that I thank you" she hugged Pablo and Samuel, everyone still looked slightly confused.