Chapter 14

Things are not always planned, sometimes the unexpected would change the course of the entire destination.

The next day, Sasha was busy on the phone with her lawyers and went to Pablo's to settle some paperwork. Sasha was excited and nervous at the same time. After their kiss yesterday, Mateo has been stealing glances at Sasha, and Sasha did the same thing, they were feeling a little giddy, but did not speak about their kiss.

Clay noticed their exchanges, so he decided to approach Mateo when Sasha went out. "What's going on with you and Sasha?"

"Nothing" Mateo brushed it off, knowing Clay wouldn't be alright if he knew what had happened. Maybe he wouldn't care since he's with Monica now, he thought.

"You promised you would never touch or go near her in that way"

"Look Clay, you have Monica, why are you still worried about Sasha?"

"She's mine," Clay stated as a matter of fact tone, Mateo immediately tensed. "Monica is yours, Sasha is your best friend Clay" Mateo hissed.

"Just stay away from her Mateo, tell Pedro too, he's been sleeping with her", Mateo clenched his fist at the thought of her and Pedro. Is she having sex with Pedro? Did she kiss me back because Pedro and I are twins and she got confused? Mateo's mind was racing.

"You can't have both. You had your chance, you decided not to take it, now your girlfriend is pregnant. You've decided on who you want, Sasha might date around, she won't wait for you, she's not 17 anymore", and with that Clay punched Mateo straight in the nose.

Monica saw as she was walking down the stairs and shrieked, then Pedro came running down, both Mateo and Clay were fighting.

"STOP!" Monica yelled, "STOP FIGHTING!" "CLAYTON!"

Pedro pulled Mateo off Clayton, Monica futile attempt to hold her man back. "WHAT IS THIS? WHY ARE YOU BOTH FIGHTING?" Pedro's voice roared throughout the house.

"Ask Clayton, he threw the first punch" Mateo seethed.

"Let's go Mon" Clay grabbed Monica's hand and left the house, not caring that he didn't have money or keys, they left.

"What the hell Mateo?" Pedro questioned Mateo.

"Have you been having sex with her?" Pedro immediately knew he was referring to Sasha, rolling his eyes he answered, "what we do behind closed doors is not your concern Mateo. You are my twin, but you do not need to know every detail of my love or sex life".

***

When Sasha came back to the house, she was excited to tell Mateo everything, since she hadn't gotten the time to tell anyone her surprise yet. Tomorrow she will be officially be part owner of Pablo's by the beach, and Pablo had a few request added, he insisted that she takes 50% of the shares, he wants her to revamp the menu add some of her own dishes to the menu, and he requested if there was any expansion in the future, that it would be named Pablo and Sasha's.

"What the hell?" Sasha exclaimed as she saw Mateo sitting by the kitchen island face bruised, she rushed to him taking his face in her hands inspecting. "What happened?"

"Just don't" he pulled her hands off his face, and walked away. He treated her coldly, like she was his enemy.

"Mateo! What happened? Are you okay?" Sasha asked in concern grabbing his sleeve, stopping in his tracks. "Nothing happened", he said harshly and pulled his arms away from her, immediately she understood, she understood that he didn't trust her enough to open up to her, he doesn't like her that way, as she suspected. She respectfully retreated her hands, grabbing her phone and went out to their patio. She needed time to cool down, she didn't understand what had happened, but she knew he didn't want her the way she wanted him, she knew she needed to push her feelings for him away, she knew that it would do her no good for her to harbour any feelings for him.