Chapter 17

Life is unexpected, we plan for things to happen but life has other plans. Sasha's world crumbled around her, she could feel everything tearing apart in slow motion. She loved him. She didn't know when, but she fell in love with Mateo, not sure when she fell out of love with Raphael. She was hurting physically and emotionally, she gave herself to him and thinking he would feel the same, but he didn't, he used her like how he used to sleep around. He never liked her that way. He never will.

Sasha dropped the letter sobbing, she was in love with him, and he had no feelings for her.

It was a mistake

Meaningless night

It was a mistake

Meaningless night

It was a mistake

Meaningless night

He regretted it.

His words were taunting her. She picked up the letter, she knows that she has to keep it a secret, she doesn't want to anyone to find out they slept together, so she put her hair up into a bun, grabbed his shirt from his closet and walked to Pedro's room, Pedro was still asleep, she decided to climb in bed with him.

She felt numb, she couldn't be in that room anymore, the memories of the night before were on constant replay. She felt used and alone, she thought just for a moment that he might have feelings for her, she's feeling more alone now than ever before. She couldn't tell anyone why, she didn't want to cause problems in their family. Wiping her tears away, she hugged Pedro, she knew Pedro would never be interested in her, he sees her as a sister, and there was never anything sexual going on between them.

"Buenos dias" Pedro wished Sasha, feeling her arm draped on his torso, she continued crying. "Hey, hey, hey, what's going on?" Pedro immediately alarmed.

"Sasha you're scaring me. What's going on?" She shook her head, not wanting to answer, so he let her cry into him.

She cried till she was dry, she cried till she was out of tears, Pedro not saying anything but instead comforting her in silence, rubbing her back and occasionally placing kisses on her forehead. He knew she needed his comfort, he knew it was personal, he knew something bad had happened, but he also knew not to push her.

Slowly she got up, feeling the weight of the world on her, she knew she had things to do, she knew she needed to go to Pablo's, she needed to save their restaurant. She turned to look at Pedro, he was staring at her with pity in his eyes, she reached over to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you Ped" she whispered and walked to the bathroom to wash away her shame, she felt dirty, she felt used, she felt unwanted and unloved. She wanted to die, but she knew Pablo needed her more than ever, so she needed to put on a brave face for him.

Stop crying.

You need to be there for Pablo.

You have a business to save.

You need to be brave.

You can do it.

Everything would be alright in the end.

Sasha kept reminding herself. She needed to be sane for today at least, reminding herself other things are more important than her love life at the moment.

But he would never love you.

No one would ever love you.

You are unworthy to be loved.