#26: The Girl Who Waited

Somewhere in the New World 

"I see. It's the time of that year", Sanji read the newspaper. 

"Woah! There's quite a lot of familiar faces here", Nami said when she scanned it. "Oh, the princess is all here", Nami was referring to Shiraishi, Vivi, and Rebbeca. Sanji cut out their faces. Chopper also cut Doctorine's photo. 

There's a new poster of Sanji and Luffy. 

"Hey! Don't cut it yet. I haven't read all", Nami scolded the two. 

She read the remains. 

Marygeois is conducting a meeting of all the nation. It'll be a week of debate for the betterment of the World.  

The last remaining of the House Ymir is still missing. 

Time Skip...

Land of Wano- Abandoned Village

A little girl is running towards the river. She filled her stomach with water in order to quench her hunger. "This is not how a samurai should be. It's a disgrace!", she pounded on her stomach. This is a land where people don't eat decent meals. 

"You shouldn't drink that, little girl", someone's voice called out to her but it's already late. The poison already entered her body. Shocked by the appearance of a new face, Tama- a villager from Wano- fainted. 

She carried the girl and ran towards the village. 

"Che-"

"Luf-"

"Another outlander?", Mr. Longnose sighed. His eyes widened as he saw Tama in Seri's arms. "She drank the water from the river", Seri explained. "That's not good. The water from the river is contaminated with the factory Kaido is running", Mr. Longnose explained. "Does she know about it as well?", Seri asked. "We all do. She must be so hungry to drink in the river", Mr. Longnose glared at Luffy. The captain of the ship explained that Tama fed him with the rice that Mr. Longnose bought for her. She hasn't eaten for a long time. 

"By the way, Cherry. Why are you alone?", Luffy asked looking at Seri who was wearing a white and pink kimono. 

"I'll explain later but I think we need to bring her to a doctor. Also, let me see if I could find some herbs along the way", Seri held unto Tama's burning forehead. She's starting to sweat.

"Old man, where's the nearest doctor here? Also, where can we get food?", Luffy asked. Mr. Longnose explained how desolate the place is. He also lends Luffy a kimono in order not to look like an outsider. Luffy assisted Seri to climb the lion-dog-like creature.

They rode the huge dog with Luffy carrying Tama on his back.

"She cooked the rice for me", Luffy said with guilt. Seri saw big drops of sweat on her forehead. "We need to bring her to Law-san or not...", Seri sighed. 

"Right. You were with Zoro and the rest", Luffy was excited to hear from them. "The thing is", Seri paused and looked sighed. "On our way heading back to the town, I kind of tripped and fell on a cliff", Seri covered her face. "First, you fell in a ship. Now you fell on a cliff. What's next, Cherry", Luffy laughed. 

Flashback

On the Way to Wano

"We'll be pushing through against the current", Zoro crossed his arms while watching from the observation room. 

"Wah, those are huge fish", Seri's eyes widened. "Since when were you here?", Zoro sighed."Captain, these samurais said that Wano is above this waterfall", Shachi and Penguin informed using den den mushi. They're operating from the basement. "Captain!!!", they screamed through the snail.