#30: One, Two...Three

Pleasure House

Garden

Seri went out to fetch water. She studied the well and how it'll work. She saw a rope and figured that something below might be used to scoop the water. "Please, allow me to do it instead", a young man approached him. He doesn't look like a servant. With an expensive looking kimono and clean look, Seri speculated that he must be a guest. "Are you a guest here? You shouldn't be working. Just relax, master", she bowed her head. She was taught of the basic things to say and the main purpose of the pleasure business. 

"I'm not a guest. I don't even approve of this place", the young man informed. 

"What business do you have here then?", Kyoushirou went out to breathe fresh air. He's been drinking in his room. It bore him to watch geisha dancing. He looked at the new face who immediately bowed her head. "Go away. We don't need of someone who can't pay for a woman. You have money Shiro. Why not pay for some fun?", Kyoushirou shooed him away. "Hana isn't a thing for me to pay for!", the young man shouted. Annoyed, Kyoushirou raised his sword. 

'"Forgive him, Master. I'll let him leave", Seri slightly pushed the Shiro, the young man. 

They reached the gate for the whole vicinity. "Then", Seri bowed her head. "You're also new here, aren't you?", Shiro noticed. "Yes. I am. I heard you say Hana's name. She's a fellow trainee as I am. I just arrived two days ago", Seri informed. "I see. So you also know of Hana. She's such a stunning person, isn't she?", Shiro suddenly sounded excited. Seri nodded. "Yes, indeed", she agreed. Hana was the first person who approached her. The rest of the ladies thought she's a peculiar face having ash grey hair and scarlet eyes with her skin pale like snow. 

"Then, can you tell her something for me?", Shiro bowed very low. 

"No need to bow that low, master", Seri waved her hand. 

"I am no Master. I wouldn't like to be called as such. Then, please tell Hana....", Shiro poured what he wanted to say which made Seri had a hard time catching up but did note all the important details. With the content of the message she needs to deliver, she was intrigued by how someone could say it with passion and confidence. 

Bath Area

Robin scrubbed Seri's back. 

"Orobi-san", Seri looked at her reflection on the water. 

"Am I scrubbing too rough?", Robin asked. "No, you're just doing fine", Seri shook her head. "Is there something bothering you?", Robin gently poured hot water on Seri's back. "I thought...", Seri slightly turned her head to see if there are other people listening. Turned out that the other ladies are also having their own chit chats. 

"I thought I was able to get over Ace-san's death but whenever I remember him...something in my chest tightens. It's so uncomfortable. It's... suffocating me", Seri described the experience. Robin gave a gentle smile. 

"Then, would you like to forget about him?", Robin said straightforwardly.

"How... how could I even asked for that? There's  no memory that would be fine being forgotten", Seri pressed her lips together and eventually having her face flushed. She felt quite guilty for thinking about that for quite sometime. If he didn't meet Ace, maybe she wouldn't have to keep waiting for two years. Maybe she wouldn't have to cry her eye out. Maybe she wouldn't have kept dreaming of meeting for the last time and having a proper introduction. 

"You're right, Seri. There's no memory that would be fine being forgotten. May it be fun or sad memories, these are the things that bond us to someone", Robin patted her head. Seri pressed her lips together to hold her tears. A woman splashed water on the two of them."It's our time to relax after a long day. Come on, cheer up", a bubbly brown haired woman smiled widely.