#23: Payback Time

Hoshi Island

Gate

Trafalgar, Ussop, and Seri walked towards the exit when they saw a large group gathered with their heads bowed down. "Let's hide", Trafalgar sensed some kind of trouble. They hid in the alley. Soon, a group of people wearing the same clothing emerged from the crowd. They were proudly walking with their head held high. Ussop's eyes were about to pop out as soon as he saw them. 

"How are you doing? Low-lifes", the man in the center with a smirk on his face stepped on the servant-looking Fishman kneeling too low. The Fishman had a collar on her neck. "We need to look for another exit", Trafalgar knew right away what kind of people they are. He looked behind and saw Seri pressing her lips together. "Let's look for someplace where I can help this boy", he furrowed his brow. He also despised the certain scenario but causing trouble on the Island will do no good.  

"Are you looking for an exit?", a voice broke the tension. 

The brown-haired lad whom Seri saw a while ago appeared. 

Forest

Cabin

Trafalgar, Ussop, and Seri entered and saw quite a number of people cramping over a small place. "Ono!", a middle-aged woman ran towards the young boy. "He's bleeding inside. Can I have someplace where I can fix him?", Trafalgar demanded. There were doubts on their faces. "We don't have money to pay you", the mother of the boy named Ono cried. Seri held her hand. "Law-san is a great doctor. I don't think he'll make you pay. I'll do the paying for you", Seri smiled. 

Trafalgar was offered a room. 

The unknown person who helped them a while ago stood behind Seri. 

"Thank you for saving Ono", he bowed very low. Seri turned to face him. He's quite tall the same height as Trafalgar. His cheek has a scar obviously from a deep wound. "Smile", Seri suddenly said. He stepped back. "Is that an order?", the guy suddenly felt fear.  Is she the same as them? "Seri, you don't go around telling people to smile", Ussop shook his head. "Is that so? Thank you for telling me, Ussop-san", Seri turned to him. 

"It's done", Trafalgar went out of the room. 

"I have heard some copper coins. It's not much but you can make me your slave", the mother knelt down. Seri assisted her to stand up. "You don't have to pay. I told you that it's on me", Seri assured. "I can't. People who don't pay are severely punished", she explained. "What...what kind of rule is that?", Trafalgar was kind of annoyed. 

"This is run buy a celestial dragon. We're citizens who are barely living outside the city", she explained. "You saw them a while ago. They are called gods whom citizens cannot oppose", the brown-haired man looked at the floor. "Since they're here, they might be searching for a slave", he added. Ussop looked at Seri clenching her fist. She's a celestial dragon as well but she's nothing near to those monsters. 

The door was kicked open by some island soldier. "We heard that a boy here used a lady's handkerchief without paying for it. We need to imprison him", he announced. "How could we head into a rundown cabin like this?", they heard some voices outside. "It's a breeding place for slaves. You might find something to your liking", another voice disturbed them. 

Their faces all turned pale. Every now and then, one of their comrades will get taken away and made a slave. Trafalgar covered his face with his hat and was preparing to leave but he saw Seri's serious eyes. 

The three celestial dragons entered. "What a filthy place. How can someone live here?", the tall woman covered her nose. "Oh, are we in the middle of something?", the fat celestial dragon saw the people gathered around Seri . "WOW! I found a rare species", the celestial dragon with a rose in his mouth has his eyes turned to heart. The brown-haired man stood in front of her.