Goodnight

Reid

Oh shit.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

Nolan and I's gazes glued to the rose petal covered bed. Why didn't I think of this before?

Nolan shuffled beside me, I peered over at him to see he was rubbing the back of his neck as he does when he's nervous.

I walked over to the couch that was pushed against the wall and lifted the cushions. Sure enough, it was a pull-out mattress.

I sighed of relief.

"I can take the couch," I say as I pull out the mattress and grab a pillow from the half dozen that were on the bed.

"You sure?" I hear Nolan ask from behind me. His voice sounding almost anxious.

I turn to look at him, but he's facing away, unzipping his suitcase.

"I don't mind," I started, "if you want, we can switch every night."

"Yeah, okay..." He replied.

An awkward silence filled the air.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." Nolan grabbed his suitcase and headed for the bathroom in a hurry.

Once I heard the door shut behind him, I sat on the mattress and buried my face in my hands.

Calm down.

Nolan

I turned the lever and let the shower run.

I leaned on the counter, facing the mirror as I took in my appearance. I bit my lip.

I was as red as a tomato.

"Damnit..." I muttered under my breath.

Why can't I ever seem to get a grip around him?

When I noticed the steam starting to rise from the shower, I took off my clothes and stepped in.

What did I expect when I agreed to sharing the honeymoon suite with him? That there wouldn't be any tension? That things would stay platonic?

I nearly chuckled - how naive can I be?

I let the hot water run down my face and body, focusing on slowing my thoughts.

Once I was finished, I did my nightly routine of skin care, brushed my teeth, and changed into my pajamas.

When I came out of the room, I was surprised to see Reid sitting at the table, a pencil in hand as he looked over a dozen different pieces of paper. I could tell he was extremely focused by the wrinkle in his brow, and the fact that normally he couldn't sit without bouncing his foot up and down or tapping his fingers against a surface. Now, he was surprisingly still.

I leaned over his shoulder.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Ah!" Reid jumped, and turned around, looking embarrassed.

"D-Don't sneak up on me like that!" He scrambled, getting all of the pages together.

I didn't see much, but I saw key words like "plot", "theme", and "characters".

So he was a writer, huh?

I chuckled, "sorry, I didn't mean to."

Reid turned around, giving me a little frown.