Heal

Nolan

I couldn't believe it.

He kissed me.

My heart was on the edge of bursting from how hard it was hammering in my chest.

It wasn't one sided. He felt it too.

Soon, Reid pulled away, our lips parting made my heart ache.

His eyes grew wide as a look on his face resembling something between embarrassment and regret formed.

"I-I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry I-"

In a swift movement I placed my hand behind his ear and pulled him down to me, kissing him softly. The heat in my cheeks only burning hotter by the second. Reid tensed up, surprised, then I felt him relax under my touch as he kissed me back. God, it felt so good.

Slowly, I pulled away. My eyes met his, searching to find what was going on behind them.

"Please don't apologize for doing something I've been damn near wishing for since I met you."

Reid's eyes grew soft from my words, before closing as he pressed our foreheads together and sighed of relief. I smiled.

"Holy shit..." he let out a nervous laugh.

He took my hand that was still gripping onto his hoodie, and placed it over his chest, letting me feel his heartbeat. It thumped rapidly against my hand. My jaw nearly dropped.

I did that?

"Mine's the same, don't worry," I laughed.

Reid leaned back into the bed, throwing his arm over his eyes, hiding them.

"I wasn't exactly sure if you liked guys or not," Reid confessed.

"And you still kissed me!?" I exclaimed.

Reid grabbed the pillow behind his head and threw it at me playfully.

I giggled as I raised my arms, shielding myself.

He stopped, laying the pillow in his lap. His head turned to the side bashfully. I hadn't seen Reid blush yet, but I swear I could catch hints of red showing itself in his cheeks.

"...I felt like it was a risk worth taking..."

My heart fluttered with hearing Reid's words. He risked our entire vacation on that kiss, and I was so, so happy he did.

I tilted my head to the side, getting in his line of view.

"...You know I'm bi, right?"

Reid's expression turned to surprise.

"H-How would I have known that!? You didn't exactly mention it," Reid was obviously flustered.

I smiled, then shrugged my shoulders.

"I thought maybe Claire told you. That's why I couldn't tell if you were just playing with me or not."

Reid chuckled.

"I wasn't, I promise. In case you couldn't already tell, I'm gay... Claire knows you're bi?" He asked.