twelve ✰

"Marls." Rafe's voice cut through my thoughts. I was currently plotting ways to kill the Pogues. Okay, okay, maybe that's a little over dramatic... but I just- I'm absolutely disgusted with the way they acted today. Rafe hadn't done anything wrong and they flipped out just because he was there.

My eyes flickered to him and then back to the road, JJ did some real damage. There was literally blood dripping down his face. "Bambi, relax your hands. Your knuckles are white." The faint touches of his hand on mine sent chills down my spine. His comment made me look down at my hands, noticing just how tight my grip was on the steering wheel of his truck.

In no time, we arrived at Tannyhill, and thankfully no one was home. Apparently, Ward and Rose had taken the girls on a vacation. "It's the black key." Rafe groaned as I helped him out of the truck. Getting him into the house and up the stairs to his room was a feat for me, i'm definitely nowhere near Rafe's size.

"Into the bathroom, Powerpuff." I mumbled, even helping him up onto the countertop. "Your first-aid kit in the cabinet?" All he did was nod in response, it was clear that he was in a ton of pain, but he was trying to hide it. It was the tough guy act he puts on for everyone.

I poured some of the peroxide onto a cotton ball before making eye contact with the blue-eyed boy, "This is gonna hurt. Ok?" He nodded again. I blotted the cut on his cheek, it was probably the worst of them all. "Fuck, Marley." Rafe gripped my wrist quickly. I just looked at his hand and then to his face, "Excuse me? I'm working here."

He mumbled his apologies and let me continue what I was doing. After about 10 minutes, I cleaned up all of the blood on his face and put bandaids where they were needed. "I, uh... JJ got your stomach pretty bad. Do you want me to check it out?" Rafe chuckled and then immediately winced, regretting the sudden movement. "Is this just an excuse for you to see me shirtless, Bambi?"

The boy managed to pull his shirt off over his head. For some reason seeing him shirtless like this felt vastly different than seeing him shirtless at the beach. I swallowed harshly before composing myself. "Like what you see?" he mumbled. I shook my head, my eyes scanning over the multiple bruises that littered his torso. "Not necessarily."

I helped him off of the counter and back into his room. He instructed me as to where his lounging types of clothes were and I gathered them for him before leaving the room to go change back into my own pajamas in the hall bathroom. "You dressed, Cameron?" I asked, knocking on his door as I walked back in.

"Have been, you took quite a while in there." he laughed, patting the space beside him on the bed. I blushed just barely and crawled onto the bed next to him, leaving space between us. Rafe just switched on the television in his room, playing some random tv show, before turning to face me. "It's gonna be okay."

He was talking about the incident at the Chateau. I willed the tears welling up in my eyes not to fall, "How? The person who I thought was my best friend beat the shit out of someone who did absolutely nothing wrong to me! How the fuck do you think everything is going to be okay?" Rafe reached over and took my hands in his, interlacing our fingers. "We'll figure out something."

"We?" Since when did Rafe want to include himself in my Pogue problems? He nodded, a soft smile on his lips, "You're stuck with me, Bambi."

After a few hours of us watching tv shows on Netflix and talking about random shit, we fell into a comfortable silence when Rafe decided to play a movie. We laid back on his bed, some room still left between us as we enjoyed each other's presence.

Soft snores could be heard throughout the room. My eyes found Rafe, the boy sound asleep on top of his comforter with a random blanket wrapped around his body. I decided to let the boy sleep in peace and turned the television off. My phone read the time as 12:31am and I was nowhere near tired, so I carefully crawled off of the bed and made my way out of the room. I knew there was a tv room at the bottom of the stairs, so that's where I went.

After finally figuring out how to work the television, I switched the tv to Netflix and started watching something random. Hopefully it would make me tired enough to actually fall asleep. About 30 or so minutes later, footsteps coming down the stairs caught my attention. I knew Rafe and I were the only ones here, but he was asleep, so the sounds slightly terrified me. Upon seeing the figure at the end of the couch seconds later, however, my nerves were gone and I giggled.

Rafe stood there, a blanket wrapped around his body and over his head, pouting. "Can I help you, Mister Marshmallow?" I smiled at him. He crossed his arms over his chest and frowned at me, "You left me."

He was upset that I left him alone to sleep? "I didn't want to wake you." Rafe just scoffed, shuffling over to me and laying down on the couch... on top of me. I groaned at the weight, "Fuck, Rafe, you're so heavy." A sudden wetness on my cheek caught me off guard. When I turned my head to face the boy, his tongue was out of his mouth. "You fucking licked me?"

Laughter poured out of the boy's mouth, "You called me fat." He then hooked one of his arms around my torso, scooting me toward the edge of the couch and sliding in behind me. Rafe's arm stayed clutched around me as he laid there nestling his head into the crook of my neck. "G'night, Peanut."

I laid there, just enjoying the fact that I felt so safe in his arms. And to think that just a matter of days ago I absolutely despised Rafe Cameron and here I was alone with him in his house, laying in his arms... and enjoying it.

_______________

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

A/N:

we def messed with the posting schedule so i bet none of you know who i am

anyways, i hope you liked this chapter and this fluffy Rafe and Marley content.

goodbye for now.