The Deal: Prolouge

A year and a half ago
No one's POV

Raymond Reddington, a man in his late fifties early sixties, was in a particularly foul mood. While he was usually a cheerful man, he was having a bad day.

As this particular case was incredibly tiresome. The Blacklister this time was a man named Gary Elliot. He was a nasty son of a bitch.

Reddington looked over to Dembe, his second and closest friend.

"Dembe , get Charlotte Owens on the phone will you? I'm afraid I'm in need of her assistance."

Dembe, nodded and called her.

When she picked up he handed Red the phone.

"Raymond. What do I owe this pleasure?" The young lady's voice was soft.

"Ah Lottie. I am in desperate need of some information on Gary Elliot."

"Now Raymond, we both know I can't do that. In fact I believe you were to one who told me to never tell to sell you any of my clients secrets."

"It's an emergency Charlotte."

"You told me that you would say that. You know I can never tell you any secrets directly. If you want to get anything from me, you have to go through somebody else. That was our deal."

"This is manner of national security,"

"What do you care of national security, Red?"

"Charlotte!"

"Look Red, if it's that important why don't you talk to your tasks force?"

"They have reached a dead end. How about I introduce you to one of the FBI agents?"

"Lovely, better be a man. And he has to be a good enough actor."

"It's so unlike you to be picky,"

"Well it's the only way you're getting any info. And I want a deal exactly like yours, except I just want to talk to one agent, the rest can't know."

"Deal, did I ever tell you about the time when I had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc with the leader of a little tribe, he had never had it and was so delighted."

Through the phone he heard her smile as she asked questions.

~~~
"Absolutely not!" Donald Ressler exclaimed, throwing down the file Harold Cooper handed him.

"Agent Ressler, it's for the case." Cooper was a serious but kind man in his fifties. Right now he wasn't in the best mood.

"Sir, with all do respect. I don't understand how meeting with this woman is necessary."

"According to Reddington, it's the only way to get the necessary information. Now she will only meet with one of our male agents!"

"What about Aram?" Ressler desperately did not want to meet a criminal.

"Aram isn't known for acting calm in situations like this. You however are. I'm not asking Ressler. You will do this."

"Fine. When and where?"

~~~

The restaurant in the bottom of a luxurious hotel sat Charlotte Owens. Speaking to a group of men who spoke zero English. She spoke fluently in French, and chose the location specifically so she could meet with Agent Ressler.

She pushed her light brown hair out of her face, and smiled at her company.

They spoke of little things, like vacation homes in America and their favorite wines. And who the man with the big mustache killed the month prior. After paying her handsomely, he left with his body guards. Leaving her with the two other men.

Just then Donald Ressler walked into the restaurant. He was handsome. He had coppery blonde hair, and blue eyes. She almost purred.

He wore slacks and wine colored shit. It was fitted, obviously Raymond picked that out.

She got up, and ran over to him screaming "Donnie!" And launched herself into a hug. He hugged her back saying "Lottie". He was strong. 

She gave him a gentle kiss, then whispered after barely pulling away.

"Upstairs, just act like you're in love with me."

The two held the charade until they got to her room.

She put a finger to her mouth, nodding slightly at the cameras hidden in the corner of the room.
He didn't look, but instead came over and kissed her.

"Where do we talk then?" She loved his voice.

"I'm ready for a shower, you want to join?"
~~~
The water and vent were loud, but there was still a camera in the room.

Charlotte and Donald paid it no mind, and stripped. Well she did, while he looked uncomfortable.

"What's wrong baby? Want me to do it?"
Disgust filled his eyes but he stripped and she clapped. And got in the shower. Inside she kissed him and whispered.

"Where do you want to start?"

After an hour of answering his questions, they got out of the shower. Her looking happy, him looking a bit upset. All they did was talk and shower. But that's didn't make him any less uncomfortable. He knew he had to play the part however.

He faked a headache, a plan they came up with.
And they crawled in bed.

"Is this always how it'll be? Us pretending in a hotel room?" He was tired, but needed to know. He was still whispering.

"No, not all the time. We can meet in private locations mostly. My place or yours. Or we can just call.  Whatever makes you comfortable, love." She winked at him.

"Don't call me that," he sneered, she paid it no mind. "This isn't going to be a romantic partnership."

"Okay"

And this is where our story begins, with a statement that at the time was true, but would soon turn to a lie.

AN: just letting you know I just finished season six (seven isn't on Netflix yet) so if I write something that doesn't go with present day blacklist,  please be patient with me. Hope you enjoy this!!!