Things go.......... right? Hahah nope.

Two weeks later

Donald's POV

Donald Ressler was growing more and more on edge that day. They still hadn't caught the blacklister who was killing his competition. They did learn that the blacklister was using a fake name, and had no traceable phone numbers.

And Ressler's partners were being increasingly more annoying as the day went on.

"Come on Ressler! You have to tell em her name!"

"No, Keen. I actually don't," they were driving back to the post office. Their last lead turned out to be a dead end. And Donald had a dinner date to keep.

Tonight was the night, he was finally going to pop the question to Lottie.

"But Ressler! You've always told us about your
Love life. Why stop now?" Liz was pouting like a child. More often than her toddler.

"The last girlfriend I had, left me because you involved me into an investigation on who Red really was. And then left me, for keeping too many secrets. Which is fair enough, but until I'm ready you aren't meeting her!"

He felt like the ring box in his pocket get heavier. No way was he telling Liz that he was proposing tonight. He didn't need that interrogation.

He told Cooper because he needed tonight off. He had been planning it for months. Her dad had already given his blessing and was out of town getting her younger brother from college. They could be completely alone outside of their house for once.

"She knew you were an agent, don't see how it was my fault."

He gave her a look, a very pissed off look. She shut up.

~~
"Good luck Donald, I'm sure she will say yes" Cooper was saying with a smile.

"Thank you Sir, I hope so"

"Hope she would say yes to what?" Aram had walked over, he looked like a deer trapped in headlights.

He noticed the box Donald held, "if you give her a ring, she's going to think you're proposing." Aram quoted Donald from a few years prior. Donald smiled, a genuine one.

"That's the plan."

Aram got one of his goofy smiles that showed all his emotions.

"Congratulations. You got this Ressler!"

"Thank you, I'm just hoping everything goes right."

"It will."

"Agent Ressler, you're free to go. Keep us updated"
Donald grabbed his jackets and held out.

His team watching him as he left, Cooper and aram knowing what he was planning and a very confused Liz.
~~
The restaurant that Charlotte and Donald had the their first date at was completely empty.

In the back, there was a small rose garden. A single table for two was the only one set, a small candle in the middle and a bottle of chilled wine.

Donald was a nervous wreck, he had changed into a date night outfit. And was worried he would end up sweating and killing the mood.

Charlotte looked gorgeous, her brown hair was fine in an updo. She wore an elegant long wine red dress, with a wrap.

"This is beautiful, Donnie. So beautiful"

He pulled her chair out for her.

"Such a gentleman," she teased.

"For you, always." He kissed her cheek sweetly.

And then he went into the restaurant and got the good he prepared a little while before. Renting the place out costed a lot of money, but it had been worth it. He hoped it would be worth it.

~~

They are their dinner and talked about little things, their day, future dogs they wanted to get. (Charlotte wanted a corgi and Donald wanted a German Shepard). And stuff like that.

Finally it was time for dessert.

and for something else.

Donald put down their slices of cheesecake, be admitted to not having made this particular dish, and then place a small box infront of Lottie. It had a pretty white bow on it.
"What's this?" She asked, amused.

"Open it" he said. He had gotten out of his seat.

She opens the little box and inside it held a note and ring.

Wear me?

She stopped dead, she looked really happy but very confused at the same time.

"Donnie, does this mean what I think it means?"

She looked up to see his face, but he was out of his seat and kneeling down on one knee next to her.

He took the box gently and held it out to her.

"Charlotte Ellis Owens, we have been together a short time, but it's felt like we've known each other forever. With you, everything else melts away and I feel home. Will you marry me and make me the luckiest damn man in the world? "

She started crying.

And nodded.

"Yes, yes I will marry you!"

Smiling the biggest smile he ever had, he placed the ring on her finger. It was a princess cut, with tiny blue topaz around the bigger diamond. It was lovely.

She pulled him into a deep kiss, and what happened next?

Well let's just say they were glad the place was empty.

~~
Charlotte's POV
At home the couple were kissing and laughing. And overall happy.

"Drink?" He asked, he never felt happier. Never!

"Sure, we have a nice bottle in the fridge"

Going to the wine fridge, yes their house had one, Donald got out their new bottle.

Happy anniversary you two~ R and D

It was a present from Red and Dembe.

"I'll get the glasses," Charlotte grabbed two from the cabinet, stepping on her tiptoes to be able to reach it.

They poured the wine and took a sip. Everything was perfect.

Until she saw Donald fall.
And then she noticed what made him fall.

Two guys with guns and hit him with his own gun. Which Donald had left on the table.

Blood poured from the wound on his head, she gave an involuntary scream.

One of the attackers lifted the gun at her. And then pointed it at Donald.

"Move or make another sound, and I'll shoot lover boy here. "

Before she could do anything, she felt a sting in her neck from a syringe. And she heard her wine glass crash on the floor

And everything went dark.