Smarter than he looks

Lizzie's POV

Keen was so freaking tired. So tired of the not knowing how her friend was. Not knowing if she would ever see that smug look he has when he's right and she's wrong.

Tired of the endless hunt, of the long hours that end in dead ends. In everything.

"Keen," Cooper screamed.

Lizzie snapped out of her thought.

"Sorry sir. I spaced out for a moment"

"Agent Mojtabai has an update for us in the Ressler case."

She ran over to where aram and Alina were sitting.

"Aram, please go ahead." Cooper sounded exhausted as well.

"So Charlotte's father gave me all of smart devices and a lots of passwords. Including her passwords to the security cameras she has around their house but," he held up a hand and dragged something across his computer to go on the big screen. The video was of a storage unit, with a man digging around the place. "This one was for where she put all valuable work information. She is a genius truly, her security system is so Sophisticated and nearly impossible to hack. Truly remarkable."

"Aram!" Liz loved him, but now was not the time.

"Sorry, anyway. She set it up to where there's two passwords. One will allow her, and whoever she allows to go in, access without the security system being activated. But, the second will immediately set off her cameras and alerts. Basically what I'm saying is that we know that whoever this guy is, that he's the one who has her. According to her father only Charlotte, Donald, himself and now I know the correct password. She set the kidnappers up."

"Aram when did this go off?"

"Two minutes ago, it's live."

"Do you have the address?"

"Yes they're in Boston." Aram gave them the rest of the address.

"Keen, Park. You two head to Boston. I'll have the local fbi and police track them down. Let's go get our agent back."

Liz and Alina headed straight to their car, and drove. Liz called Reddington on the way to Boston.

~~
Donald's POV

Donald was ripped away from Charlotte for them to be cleaned up. And for her to give him a password.

He groaned in pain as they forced him into new clothes. A luxury he wasn't given for the past few weeks.

They strapped him to a wheel chair and rolled him into a room where Charlotte sat on a couch. Next to Beaugard. Charlotte, like him, was in new jeans and a soft tshirt.

Donald was rolled next to her. She shifted closer to him.

"Ah Agent Ressler, it's so nice to see you cleaned up.
I have much to discuss with you and Miss. Owens. "

He paused and stood, going to lock the door. Only Donnie, Lottie, a guard, and him in the room.

"I found it strange how willing Miss Owens gave up the information about her files. After so many months of silence and pleads to leave. So I began to think, "what changed?" And I couldn't put my finger on it. Then she threw up in that box. Simple thing I know, maybe she had air sickness? But I've seen her records, had my people follow her on a plane. And it's never been an issue for her. So I think further back. About a month ago I left you two crazy kids alone. But of course we had guards at the door. I knew you two had," he paused and smiled. "A good time. Then I put two and two together. They said you've been sick quite often."

He came over to them. And gripped Donald's shoulder.

"Why would she be so desperate? And why would she be so sick recently? I wonder, Agent Ressler, if you could explain."

Donald swallowed. But said nothing. He didn't know what to say that wouldn't get them both shot.

Charlotte yelped in surprise when a guard held her in place on the couch. She struggled but the man wouldn't let go.

Donald strained against the straps. "Let her go."

Beaugard ignored this. "You see, I think I know what's going on. I think Miss Owens is going to have a baby. I think you two decided to give yourselves one more night together and then you seriously messed up. And once she realized what mistake you two made, then she lied to me. Didn't you sweetheart?"

She swallowed and shook her head.

"You're being ridiculous," Donald said, "if she's sick it's because you kept her in poor conditions." He prayed that her plan would work. That the task force would arrive before anything bad happened.

But something bad already happened.

"Ridiculous, well then." He gut punched Donald. Then hit his throat, Donald couldn't breathe. He kept hitting and hitting. And he just kept going.
He flipped the wheel chair backwards, causing Donald to hit his head.
Donald was barely aware that Charlotte was screaming for Beaugard to stop.

"Charlotte, did you know that you met my brother once?" He momentarily stopped hitting Donnie. "You were only a girl, and he had his eye on you. Then he showed up dead the next day. I wonder why,"

He slammed Donald's head against the ground, Donald started to see black spots.

"He died because of you, just like your fiancé will die because of you."

"Please, Stop hurting him. I didn't hurt your brother, I never even told anyone that he kept looking at me." She was crying, Donald thought. He managed to look at her, tears streamed down her face.

Blood seeped from Donald's head wound, he felt it against his skin. Pain overwhelmed him and fear. Fear that they would never get that wedding, that their baby would never get to know them growing up.

"I love you, more than anything." He whispered. He looked at her before the sirens began.

A pounding on the door, and then a man shouting.

"Police!"

Donald felt a needle go in his throat, and then everything went black.

Reddington's POV

Raymond arrived at the house before the police. Knowing exactly who had the young couple. He told Elizabeth while they were heading this way.

The task force arrived, and together they infiltrated the mansion.