Hating sick days

Donald's POV
Donald was extremely bored. He hated missing work, and he especially hated to be sick.

The good thing was he had plenty of time to plan the big date. It would be the most important one if his life, and he was just trying to not chicken out. He could do it.

But it turned out he could barely focus on that, because his symptoms got worst and he threw up.
He dragged himself to the bathroom. He was vaguely away that his girlfriend walked inside
Lottie gave him a worried look

"Okay Donnie, up you go. Time to go to the doctors baby."

"If I move, I fear I'm going to throw up everywhere"

On cue, he threw up again. He felt like death. He didn't hear what she was doing, but in two minutes she was back.

She held a small trash can, from one of their offices, and it had plastic bags from the store.

"Here, hold this."
He took it, and slowly got up.

"Dad is already in the car, and I got you a ginger ail."

Donald said thank you, and with her help, walked out into the car. They were in a Alex's suv.

"Morning Don. I hope you feel better," Scott was a tall Mexican American man. He had short black hair and had kind eyes. He adopted Lottie when she was thirteen, when her biological parents died. He was polite, extremely talkative, and had a slight addiction to Kit Kat's. He was also her bodyguard, only when they left the house, he had been protecting her since she was five.

"Thank you,". Donald said politely, and leaned his head against the side of the car. He held onto the trash can like he would die if he let go.

Charlotte put the back of her hand against his head and cheek.

"You're burning up, and sweating like crazy. We're almost there okay?"

~~
He just had a cold, and was not allowed back at work for a week.

"I'm going to get so much shit for being sick." He groaned.

"Why would you?" She mused.

"Because I rarely miss. Ever."

"Well things happens baby,"

"You should've had them test you, you kissed me yesterday."

"Nah, I've already been sick once this year. I find I rarely get sick twice in one year."

He laughed.

"I don't think that's how that works, Love."

"Hmm, I say it does"
He smiled, and stopped arguing with her.
~~
"Yes sir, I can't come in until next week."

"Feel better Ressler,"
"Yes sir, thank you. See you in Monday."
Donald and Cooper hung up. And Donald sighed. He was getting hot, he drank more of his water.
He might've not been in the office, but he was still looking at the case files.

A white fur ball jumped on him.

"Really Snowie? Are you serious?"

The whit cat started at him, not breaking eye contact. Glaring.

"She says no working while you're sick." Charlotte glared, exactly like the cat.

"Does she? I was almost positive she was demanding attention." He pulled the files from under the giant fur ball. And placed them on the end table.

The kitty purred and licked him. He smiled at the cat, and the started to stroke her.

"Much better. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay,"

"You sure,"

He nodded and she sat down next to him.

"Let me take your temperature," she checked.

"It went down a bit."
~~

Donald went to sleep around 9 that night, Charlotte joined him about twenty minutes later. Neither of them noticed the shadow that snuck across their lawn.