A Sick Day

Ressler's POV
A year and a half later

Donald laid on the couch him and his girlfriend picked out together. It was a light grey, and a sectional. There were throw pillows with flowers on it. That would be her influence.

Donald's influence was the paint on the walls, a deep blue. There were pictures of Charlotte and him all over it.

He smiled looking at them, and he couldn't believe he ever thought this wouldn't happen. She was inevitable, and he couldn't stay away.

It started off in small ways. He would call her for information or she would text him if anything of interest showed up. They would occasionally have lunch or dinner in public, then go back to her place to trade information.
Then it started happening more and more, they would just hang out. Start talking about their personal lives. He told her about his ex fiancée, how he found a pregnancy test box but never opened it. She told him how she wasn't close to her parents and that she started her career at twelve.

After six months Donald realized he was completely in love with her, and the woman he thought he would never stand to be in the same room with suddenly became the center of his world.

And he had Reddington to thank for that. He felt conflicted by Red, in the one hand Red has saved his life, brought his ex back to him, gotten him revenge for his ex's death, helped him find Reverend White, and finally he introduced him to his soulmate.

Donald sneezed, again. He had been doing that all day, but he relaxed into the couch after a long day at the post office. The post office was what the black site he worked at was called. To the public, it didn't exist.

Charlotte still wasn't home, he didn't worry. She had a confession tonight.

"DONNIE, I'm home!" Lottie's voice filled the room.
"Oh, you're right there." She leaned over the couch and kissed him.

"How was confession?" He pulled her over the couch, so she was laying on him. Giggling she maneuvered herself so they were both comfy.

"Long. And boring. Nothing I can tell you about." He felt her pout into his shirt. "What about your work day Cardio Boy?" Cardio boy was the nickname she gave him because of how often he runs during his work day. She thinks it was a weird amount, he thinks it's normal.
"Exhausting, and our case is still not over."
"Sorry love,"
"It's okay baby, better now that you're here."
She lifted her head and smiled. Slowly she kissed him, and moved so she was now straddling him.
He moaned, she felt so good.

Lottie stroked his cheek, and kissed his chest.
He made a movement for her to move slightly, so he could get up.
Pouting in a non upset way, she moved so he could sit up.

He pulled her back into his lap, and any pout she had was long since gone.
Their kiss was sweet, and slow. And good.

But them Donald pulled away for a moment. He covered his face and sneezed.
"Well bless you,"

It happened again.
"Bless you again"

Then again.
"Okay this is my third blessing you, are you alright?"
He shook off he concern. But they were both out of the mood, him because he didn't feel good suddenly. And her because she was concern about Donald.

"I'm fine, just allergies." He started to sweat a bit.

"It's obviously more than allergies," she put a hand to his head.

"Donnie, you're burning up."

"Oh. I'm fine, it's probably nothing."

Lottie didn't agree, so she went and got her thermometer.

"You got a fever. Tomorrow I'm taking you to the doctor. No arguments. Also no work!"

"Lottie, I can't miss wor-" but he sneezed again and stopped his arguing.

So it seems Donald would be having a sick day. What could go wrong?