prologue//Im suffocating!//

//a year before. When I was still living with my mom//

"Oh! (Y/N) sweetie~" My mother cooed, begging me over like I was some kind of cat

"Oh! (Y/N) sweetie~" My mother cooed, begging me over like I was some kind of cat. I keep my eyes on my lap trying to ignore her desperate call for my love and affection.
If I go over there then that'll just reassure her what she's doing to me is right.
Tears prick my eyes as her soft voice becomes harsher and harsher.
"(Y/N)," Her voice sounds evil and taunting to me. Why don't I just leave? I'm only 13 but I'll be 14 soon! I may not have a quirk but-
A quick small gasp escapes my throat as if my attempts to hold down my cries were failing.
"You're not thinking of trying to leave me again are you~?"
Maybe I could get into a high school and finally not be homeschooled. This house is so strict I'm not even allowed to go into the front yard. I can only go in the back and I can't even dream of going unsupervised. If I had a quirk I wouldn't even know because my mom hid my own quirk from me so well-
"(Y/N) honey~ mommy just wants a hug~ she had a hard day at work."
If I could scream at the top of my lungs I would.
"Mommy has a special surprise for you too~ keke~"

i don't want it.. :(

//

"You do realize I'm doing this for you. Right (Y/N)?"
I take a quick bite of rice to avoid answering her questions.
"I know you wanted to go to high school and all but I can't trust other people out there. who's going to protect you and take care of you?" she froze.
I can take care of myself. >:(
My eyebrows furrow as I stare down at the table.
"What's even the point. I can't go to UA because I don't have a stupid quirk-"
My mother shrieks. I know why she's horrified too.
All I did was say the s word and she's all worked up!
"(Y/N) Tanaka what have I told you about using that word?" I slam my hands on the table and stand up, glaring down at my mother.
"I don't care! I don't care what you think anymore! You're suffocating me! I'll never survive in the real world if you don't let me live my life! I just want to be a hero but I can't! I could've helped people in one way or another" I shout. Mother is so clearly horrified. It was great. Now is my chance to actually get out and go.
Everything seems to be moving slow as my small body turns to the door. My (H/L) (H/C) hair flows behind me as I book it to the front door.
Today was the day I'd finally run away and never come back!