{Family}

Warnings: Angst

Eric's head dropped low as he walk into the apartment that you shared with him. He seemed down despite the fact that today was a day that he had to work with four it should have been great. He loved to scare the rookies of the dauntless faction.

"Hey baby what's wrong?" You say and he lifts his head. "Four got offered my position again." He said. The dauntless leaders trusted Eric but Four proved himself over and over again to be the one with more skill. "You know that he won't except it so don't worry Er." You kiss peck his lips and hold his hand in yours. "He always turns it down." He chuckled. "I know I just wish that he would not be so smart." You sat down on the couch. "I know what you mean, Tris drive me crazy." He laughs. "We have the same problem in different forms." You nod.

You had been in Tris' year and had been the only amity transfer. You had proven you were worthy of leader but denied it due to your anxiety issues. Instead you chose a job of guarding the fence.

He snapped in front of your face. "Y/n you still there?" You snapped back into reality. You over heard Max talking the other day. They only wished for Four to be a leader once more out of fear that Eric had gone soft after dating you. And Amity transfer. "Yeah I just wonder if I'm what's causing all this." He shook his head rapidly. "I'm positive it's not you." Max was the only one to doubt your abilities but it got under your skin. Even though you nod even though you knew the answer was wrong.

He pay your shoulder. "I know you don't believe me but I'm sure it's not you. The only one who even slightly doubts you is Max." He kissed your forehead softly. "I love you Eric."
"I love you too y/n." He said.

This was the soft side of him. Only you ever got to see this side. You were more calm than him yet somehow more horrifying. He called you if the initiates needed to be scared. He hung them over the chasm. You made them do pull ups over the chasm. It was a match made among the stars in the sky.

Suddenly screams ripped through the compound. But not the usual happy or in pain screaming, no, these were scared screams. The dauntless compound rang out with them. Them gun shots erupted. This made you and Eric jump up immediately.

"Here." He threw the hand gun at you and you put it inside the holster. More screams and shots rand out. He clicked the door open and stepped out. You were close behind him. The jog towards the pit began.

The halls were alive with people doing the same. Your arm skinned the stone walls as you got closer to the pit. The closer you got you began to notice blood spattered on the walls.

Eric flattened you against the wall as more shots rang and dead bodies fell. Whoever was shooting was a good shot and had been shooting at the multiple entrances to the pit and timing them all.

He nods and you both enter the pit. He runs left you run right. You hadn't looked at the shooter yet but you knew the person behind it must be a dauntless or erudite. The cold screams of more terrified men and women rang in your ears as you flatten against another entrances inner walls. You see a child drop to the ground. He couldn't have been older than 9 or 10. He fell with one final shriek.

You heard your heart pounding in your ears. Anger surged within your blood and your eyes become stone. You look at the shooter. He had green eyes and a blond hair. His black shirt was torn and bloody. You knew this man. He was your eldest brother.

"Avon!" You yell loud enough for him to hear you. He freezes as "Stop This!" You peel off from the wall and you look him in the eye. He keeps the gun pointed at you. You see many aiming at him. "Don't Shoot!" You scream desperately. He was your only family left. You needed him to survive. How had he not got shot yet? You shake the thought from your head. A few guns still aimed at him. Eric's included. You shot some rounds into the hard ground then drop your gun and kick it away. The screams had stopped. Many dauntless stared down at you. Eric lowers his gun.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." He tensed up. "Sure, face it your just like the rest of them. Well actually no your not." Your brow furrowed. "Don't play dumb." He laughed. "They've been working with the Erudite to help wipe out people like us." You freeze. "They want to kill all the people like us." You felt like the blood had been drained from your body. Your brother was a leader he would know. Guns pointed at both of you now. "So even if I don't kill you, they will." Guns now pointed at both of you. The word rang out in your skull. Divergent. "That's not true." He laughed. "Well sis I gotta save one of us and it ain't you. I've got on bullet repellent armor from the leaders so bye." He pulled the trigger.

Two shots rang out. Only one hit you in the shoulder. He laughed. Eric ran towards you. You don't fall. You should. You should lie down in defeat and be ready to die. Instead you walk in his direction. He tried to shoot but your best friend, Alex had shot the trigger from his gum clean off! He stops.

You were stronger and faster than him. "Come In then let's fight." You say. He squares up getting in a fight ready position. He lunges at you. You move aside and kick his ribs swiftly. You lose your balance slightly as the blood loss started to kick in. You notice when he's angry he doesn't protect his jaw. You punch him there once then hit his nose and he's out.

. You pull the magnetic shield from behind his ear and bullets pelt him. Several leaders still aimed at you. "Shoot her and you die!" Eric yelled as he walked at you. They lowered there guns. Not max though. "Move Eric she's just an Amity." He said with great power in his voice. Eric shoots him in the head. "What are you looking at move these bodies!" He yelled at the dauntless who had lowered there guns. He picks you up and starts to run up the stairs.

He almost trips on a stray body and kicks it aside. "Y/n I need you to stay awake for me." Your blurry vision for some reason made the sound fuzzy too.

Slow beeps woke you up in the infirmary. The blinding light kept your y/e/c eyes glued shut. Slowly you get the courage to open them and you see Eric there, pacing the room. "Er?" He runs over as he hears you voice creak. "Y/n!" He cries as he pulled you in for a hug. "You almost didn't wake up! Y/n!" He cried. The nurses laughed, but none of them seemed like they were trying to insult them most smiled peacefully as they watched. "You were out for three months after surgery." He let out a sod. You pat his back. "They we're gonna pull the plug on you." He whimpered softly. "It's okay I'm hear now." You say and he hugs you tightly. You wince. "Sorry." He pulls away.

A few days later.

When you got in the apartment
you saw that a few bags were packed. "Why are these like this?" You ask. "We're leaving tonight." He said smiling. "Going away from here so they won't hurt you." He smiled. "Way away." You smile at his childishness. "Okay when do we leave." He laughed. "Now." He grabs a large orange and black duffel bag and hands you a backpack and a gun for your holster which was still on.

He walks you outside onto the pavement and you walk toward the only bit of on ground train track for a while. The horn sounds and he picks you up, some how managing all the bags. He jumped in and fell over. You both laugh.

He fed you some food he stole. Well he stole a lot but he didn't know how far the train ran. "Where are we going?" You say as you stuff your face with dried apples and fruit. "As far west as the train will go." He smiled. "Four and Tris are in the other car too so we have friends." "Since when were you and four friends?" He chuckled. "Since we both knew I was divergent like you and himself and Tris." You gasp. "Your like me?" He nodded and you practically tackled him. "What are you?" He asked. "Dauntless Erudite and Amity." He smiled. "Dauntless Erudite and Candor." You kiss him. You had a divergent family and you could finally be happy and safe.