This Mask of Mine part 4}

Peter went to fine me after his. He only looked a little shaken. I was only shaken because they called me broken girl. The name my mother would call me by. I was terrified of what they would find in the first fear landscape.

"Elena!" He whisper yelled bringing me out of my thoughts and back to the cold dark room. "Come on get up." He pulled me out of my bed and into the hallway. I would tell him tonight. "Wait what's wrong?" He asked. "What?" He reaches up and wipes away a tear. This was a surprisingly intimate gesture. "Your crying." He looks worried. "I uh I'm nervous about the fear landscapes for a very um particular reason." They alternated from sim to landscape to help the brain proses the fear differently. "What's that?" He says growing more worried.
My lip quivers. "Let's g-go set down at the chasm okay?" I say he nods.

The walk to the chasm was brief but the silence was uncomfortable. Peter was pale and looked nervous. All things aside it was nice to have someone feel nervous about.

At the chasm I sat down and dangled my legs over the edge as I remember what my father did before the aptitude test.

Flash back
"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA CHOOSE GIRL!" I whimpered as a plate shattered on my shoulder. "Erudite." I say quietly. "What did you say, I didn't hear you!" "ERUDITE." I scream. He punches me. "Spell it out Elena." "E" one kick. "R" a punch in the ribs. "UD" a hit with the belt. "I" slamming my head into the wall twice. "TE" I rushed out. "Good me and your mother don't want to be viewed as freaks again." He smirked. "You wouldn't want that , would you dearest girl." "No." "NO WHAT?" "N-No Sir." "Good girl." And with a slap he was done.
End

I realized Peter was holding me in his arms letting me cry. His chest was warm and I could hear his heart beat. I took some deep breaths and sat up. "I-okay." I breathed. He held my hand. I felt scared and he knew that. He didn't laugh he stayed, that means he cared right?
"Back in Erudite my mother and father fell in love they married and all that fun stuff. But he couldn't get my mom pregnant. They had multiple miscarriages until they had my older brother. You might know as our leader, Eric Coulter." He looked shocked. "Then they had me. He was there miracle child I wasn't so he was naturally the favorite. It was always be more like your brother. Even though he would protect me from the others he never questioned my father or mother. I thought they loved me until Eric transferee a few years back. They tried to engrave into my mind that I was Erudite. Then they started to a..." I didn't want to say it. It felt as if my tongue turned to led. "Abuse me. My father hit me and beat me and my mother was cruel with words. I didn't fight back either. That's when I knew I was truly unloved." I finished.

Peter pulled me into him. "You should have told me Elena." He whispered. "Why didn't you tell me?" I felt his breath on my neck. "I-I didn't kn-know I'd you'd care?" I say confusingly. "I care, so so much." He said letting a tear slip. He wiped it away. "I'm going to kill them for hurting you!" He said picking me up. "I'll take you back to the dorms an-." I shake my head. "No." He looks at me. "I'm sorry." He said. "I'm just so angry at them." He said. "I don't like when people lay hand on my girlfr-." He stops. "Well you know now no point in hiding it." He pressed his lips to mine and I felt fireworks. Our lips moved in sync but i was still crying. He pulled away and picked me up. "Let's go back." I nod and bury my head into his firm pecks.

When we got back he took me to his bed and laid me down and then he laid on his side. I roll to face him. He kissed my ear and jawline. He continued to leave little kisses and I smile. Someone cared. "Promise you won't let them get to me?" He pulled me close. "Not as long as I'm still breathing." I kiss him. "Thank you Peter." And we stay just like that. Until I drifted off. "I promise." He kissed my forehand slept.

An: sorry it's short and it sucks.