{This Mask of Mine part 6}

My throat tightened. They had called of the rest of training for the day. Dauntless never did anything like this. I lay in my bunk a as the images from the fear landscape passed through my mind. I would fail initiation. I would be factionless.

My throat was still tight, and I couldn't focus on anything other than the nightmares that would soon wake me. It all felt real. When I was in there I couldn't fathom that it wasn't. I felt the pain and tears run down my face. I felt the restraints tightening around me like boa constrictors.

I hear a knock. I was the only one in here. It had to be someone I knew. Uriah walked in. His usual jokey demeanor had left him as he walked in my direction. "Hey." He said sitting on my bunk. "The others seem worried about you. Frankly I am too." He glanced around the room. "Dauntless aren't the type to worry, but it must have been bad in there." I swallowed. "What do you know?" I ask staring at the blank ceiling. "Nothing but I would like to know". He said. "I wouldn't tell anyone." He said. "I just have always liked to protect my friends even if I know they don't need it." He said quietly. "I don't think I can." I say. He nodded. "It might help if you don't keep it bottled in thought. I won't push you but I could be your personal therapist. I must say if I was a therapist I think I would go to me I'd be pretty great." I chuckled. "Okay okay but I'd prefer if you not talk about it to anyone else okay?" He smiled. "But of course madam." He said in a accent we learned in Erudite to be French.

I take a deep breath and focus on my breathing. "It was about my parents." I started and he nodded. "They were abusive b-both physically and mentally and they were horrible people." I say. "They were beating m-me and there we-were t-t-these restraints and-." I sob and throw myself into his arms. He awkwardly pets me and soon relaxes. "It's okay. There not here anymore." He said.

"You told me a secret." He pauses. "I'll tell you one in return." I pull away and wipe my nose. "I'm in love with Marlene." He looked away and bit his lip. I smile. "I had a feeling that you did, but I wasn't quite sure. If it matters I think she like you too." He smiles. "It's fun to imagine." He looked away.

"Peter asked me to come up here to check on you Elena." He smiled. "Have you seen the way you look at each other? You obviously like him." I blush crimson red. "It's that obvious." He nods. "He likes you to." I smiled. "Maybe that's cause we're dating you oaf." He smiles widely. "Marlene lost the bet. She bet it would be after initiation I bet in the second stage." I smiled.

Three. people walk in the second looking like he might cry. It was Eric, Peter and Four. "Leave initiate." I stand up trying to hustle out with Uriah but Four grabbed my left arm before I could get anywhere. The tightness of my throat was back. I had been dreading this for about two and a half hours now. Well dreading more than yesterday. I watched as Eric walked over to me rather quickly and pulled me into a hug. Four broke the uncomfortable silence. "We showed them the recording of it." He said. "H-h-how did you know to tell P-Peter?" I ask. Peter holds my hand tightly. "I work in the security room." He said. "Cameras." I nod in acknowledgement. Eric looked at me. "W-why didn't you tell me?" He said wiping his tears on my hair. "I didn't want to change your image of them." I say knowing it would be the only thing I said with confidence. "Eric ordered them to be killed." I smile at the thought of them being gone. I flush the thought away not wanting to be cruel. But hate filled me to the very top. "C-can I do it?"
The words leave my mouth and Eric pulls away. I seek comfort in my boyfriend who kissed my had gently then kissed my forehead. "Yes. Publicly or private." He asked spitting out venom but I saw the hurt in his eye, fear and hate and love. The love for me I hope. "Privately. And make I'll make it a clean death, quick to." Eric relaxed a little bit.

The a question hits me. "Why do you help me Four?" I say. He also tensed. "If I tell you all are sworn to be quiet about it." He demanded. Eric's lip still quivers and he rubs my back. "A little while back Jeanine released
  articles about Tobias Eaton, and his father who was abusive. They were dismissed as fake but they were still real to me. They always will be." I get what he was going at. "A-whatever the reason, thank y-you four." A smile pulls at his lips. "Your welcome Elena."

Suddenly Peter spits out. "Those- Those  Monsters deserve to die!" He said hardly able to speak, from the rage." I smile. "They will Peter they will." Eric nods In agreement. "And you'll die if you do anything to hear to." Eric glares at Peter. He pulls me into his chest. "Easy Eric." I say. Over all though it was nice to be loved and cared for.

A/n; the next chapter will be written in Eric's POV. I hope this is living up to your standard halfpint16. Thank you all for the support.