{This Mask of Mine part 1}

Warnings: abuse and fluff

Request that I twisted from: halfpint16

This will be multiple parts.

A/N: I don't know if this is exactly what you meant but I tried.

I heard my new faction ring out. "Dauntless!" The Abnegation man shouted out. I was leaving Erudite for the faction my older brother chose two years back.

Our parents had been strict before, but they weren't abusive until he left. My father said it was to teach me better. To teach me where my loyalties lie. He would beat me and strangle me until I was bloodied bruised and passed out.

My mother wasn't like that. She was cruel. Her words would chip me down to dust. Then on occasion she would bring me up just to shatter me once more. Her words sometimes hurt me more than my fathers fists.

The Cheers and whoops that circled me now made my heart leap and pound all at once. The black clothed people were very wild and dangerous. They were free and fearless. That is how I wanted to be.

Soon the ceremony ended in cheers and tears. That is what one kid said. I hadn't seen my brother since this morning only two years back.  I saw him in his way out with the Dauntless. He had thrown his blue jacket off and glanced at me. He fell behind a little glancing to see who was watching. 'I love you.' He had mouthed. I mouthed it back then he sprinted with them and I smiled. I never knew how much I would miss him or how many bruises it would give me.

When I look at the Dauntless I saw bravery and a muscled build. I started to study fighting and I did some exercises so I had a leg up on the others. I saw there tattoos though I didn't know if I would get one.

I then realized I was on the pavement with my legs sprinting only a little behind the Dauntless born. My blond hair blew in the wind. I threw the blue jacket I had on behind me like I saw Eric do that day a lifetime ago.

We climbed the ladders to the train tracks and jogged as we saw the train approach. The dauntless born hoped on and I was in the car with them and with a Candor boy and another Erudite transfer I knew as Will. A Dauntless born girl walked up to me. "For a transfer your doing good." She said. "I'm Marlene." I shake her hand. "Elena." A boy with brown skin behind her. "Oh this is Uriah." She said smiling. She was more amity looking than Dauntless. "Hey were about to jump off." She got a mad look in her eye. "What are we waiting for then?" I grabbed there arms and pulled them towards the door.

A pair of girls in front of us jumped then I let go of Marlene and Uriah's arms and leaped. I hit the ground the the two Dauntless born and fell a few feet beside of me near the edge of the roof. I laugh with a few other though a shreek can be heard beside of me because someone missed the roof. The joys of Dauntless. "So Elena what made you leave the stuck up smarty pants'?" She asks me. "What can I say I'm stupid and Brave."I say with perhaps more intention to cover the true meaning. I'm glad they weren't lie sniffing Candor. "Well you were right to do so. You are the most Dauntless transfer I see hear." Uriah replied. And that is your first two friends in Dauntless.

Then I notice a man standing on the roof's edge. He had blond hair like mine and his eyes were blue like mine. His lips turned upwards when he saw me. Mine did to. "I'm Eric Coulter and I'll be one of your instructors for this two week period." It was amazing how much his look had changed. The only same thing was his hair. He had two eyebrow piercings and two identical tattoos that ran up his neck. His black leather jacket was cut off at the arms. His arms were no long slightly muscular, now they were like tree trunks had sprouted out of his shoulders. I stand there only hoping that happens to me.

"You don't have the guts to jump you don't belong in Dauntless." He explained that we were going to jump down the hole. "Well someone's gotta go first. Who's it gonna be?" "Me." I say. A stiff beside me glares daggers into the nape of my neck as I watch. I suspect she wanted to step up to jump first. I step onto the top of the roof. I turn around to look at the rest of initiates. "See you on the other side." And then I fall back. Something between a laugh and scream escapes my mouth. Then I hit something hard.

I bounce back up then I am secured in the net. I go and pull myself to the small wooden platform. A Dauntless man and women stood there. "What's your name?" The woman said. "Elena." "Announce it Four." She barks at him. "First jumper Elena." He yelled. Cheers erupted.

I jumped off the platform and stumbled. The abnegation girl next then the Candor girl then Marlene and Uriah, and so on. They fell down and hit the net is screaming fits and laughter.

They started to leave, lined up like when we were in schools. Then someone else hits the net. I glance back to see Eric. He saw me and nodded approvingly but nothing more. He'd always been brave and I wanted to be. 
Initiation was a brutal proses here and I know it. I'd studied it in Erudite. I'd gotten a Dauntless result for the aptitude test. I had always been Dauntless just some people didn't know that yet.

Four showed us the dorms and gave us new clothes t threw my blue ones in and traded them for black ones. Blue and black. The colors of the bruises my father used to give me. I shivered. I would wake up with them all over by ribs and neck and arms. I'd wake up with dried blood on my back and shoulders and face.

I am no longer weak and submissive. I am Elena and I am Dauntless.