{Chasm}

Warnings: fluff/ angst

The water below the rail roared at you. Some water splashed up onto your feet. What would happen to your mother now they she had become paralyzed and could no longer jump off trains and spar with the dauntless. Long sighs left your parted lips. This was one of many flaws of being Dauntless.

You stood up carefully and walked out of the dim room.

The pit was busy with people using there points to buy clothes and trinkets and weapons. You saw some Dauntless leaders hanging out in the large bar that was blaring music. Your mind wandered to your best friend Eric. He was a leader. Was he there? You thought about him more often than you should. Only a few days ago have I realized it was a crush.

You shake the thought from your head and continued to walk. The pit was a fun place to be especially when there were times you needed to drowned out the voices that would creep from the back of your head. The ones that started at a whisper and grew to a scream. Then you heard footsteps.

A girl with hair they had been died neon green on one side and black on the other walked up behind you. Her name was Ash. She hated your guts. Then again you hated hers equally as much. "Hello Ash." You say, laced with all the venom you could muster. "Why are you all alone y/n?" She said in a sickeningly calm manner. "I thought you had friends. Did you lie to me again?" She said grabbing you arm and dragging you to the place you had just come from.

You kicked her hard. She winced and moaned in pain but her grip only tightened. You were not weak by a long shot but somehow you always fell short of her. It wasn't however pointless trying to fight back.

The chasm rail creaked underneath your feat. You continue throwing punches but she didn't let up. You felt a hard blow to the ribcage followed by a snap. You screamed. She then proceeded the throw you over the railing and slowly walked over to you.

"Y/n the brave." She said mockingly. "That is what they will call your so called suicide." She smiled and stepped on the first finger.it slid off. The spray of the chasm water coated both of you. Tears lined your y/e/c eyes. "I will kill you and finally be rid of your stupid face."

Your left hand slipped from the rail as you let out a cry for help. Suddenly someone slams her into the wall. She gasps in pain before passing out. The man runs towards you. You then see his face. It was Eric.

The vibration from his footsteps loosen your grasp on the slick rail and you fall. The air whips through y/h/c hair. You reach your arms up in one last hope it is enough. You feel a sting on your wrist and scream as it pops out of socket. Your eyes have been glued shut. When you open them you see the tall man flattened out on the rail gritting his pearly teeth, one arm flexed attempting to pull you up, the other gripping the underside of the rail. His eyes laced in anger and hate and something you have never seen in him before yet you couldn't place it.

With one last heave He pulled you on top of him. He panted desperately as if he had been holding his breath to this very moment. He caught his breath and picked up you shivering body.

The walk to his apartment was brief and he brought you in without a second thought. His eyes were now unreadable the anger was gone but the unspoken emotion remained. He sat you down on his unmade bed that smelled like whiskey and pine and leather. It smelled manly but to you it smelled like him. He looked at your wrist with intensity. "This is gonna hurt but I know you don't like the infirmary so I'm gonna pop it back into place." You nod. It was true the infirmary held bad childhood memories for you. "Okay." You whimpered. He looked up at you sadly. He frantically searched for something. He found a belt and folded it over multiple times. "Bite down on this." You nod and opened your mouth and let him place the belt in a position where you wouldn't bite your tongue off or scream to loudly. "3,2,1." Tears flooded your eyes and your teeth clamped down hard. He sighed momentarily. "Done." He wrapped your wrist.

You were still shaken. He sat down next to you and pulled you into him. This was new. "Y/n how long has she been doing this to you?" He asked with and edge that you didn't know in him. "Since we initiation last year." He frowned. "And why didn't you think to tell my y/n." He said with something that almost sounded angry but not quite. "I'm not your problem Er its my problem. I don't want to be some clingy pest you can't get rid of." He pulled your head up to meet his eyes roughly. "Look at me!" He said harshly. "What emotions do you see?" He said with equal power. "I see anger and unfiltered rage, I see sadness and guilt and a few things I cannot place Eric!" You practically yelled. "Your not easy to read Er you should know that." You say calmer. He rested his forehead against yours. Fireworks went off inside you. "I was scared okay. I was scared I was gonna lose you." He closed his eyes and pulled away. "Ever since we became friends there's been one fear I developed. It's always about losing you. It's going to change now, I'm positive. I heard you scream when I was at the bar and I thought I might pass out. You strong, and I've never heard you scream." He let a tear roll down. "I swear if y-." You smile. "I wont tell anyone I promise." He nodded and continued to let the tears fall. "God I'm just terrified of losing you." He curled up into you. You'd never seen him let his guard down this much. He let out a small sob and it made a dent somewhere deep inside of you. "Hey it's okay. I'm okay, I'm here." He nuzzled his face into your neck. "You promise?" You chuckled. "I promise." He smiled a little. "Good." You stood up but he pulled you back. "No." He pouted. "Stay." He mumbled something and blushed. "Huh?" "I'm still scared." You smile. "I guess stay one night wouldn't hurt." He moved over and pulled you down. "I mean especially since I like you." You smirk. He laughed. "Good I like you to." He pulled you into him. "I like the softer you Eric." He smiled. "I'll try to be a little kinder and more open as long as you don't tell anyone." You nod and smile. "Wouldn't think of it."