CHAPTER FOUR

My eyes fluttered open, a slicing pain filled my head and I stared up at the ceiling waiting for the room to stop spinning and the pain to go away, when it did I sat up noticing the bandage around my wrist with a splint so I couldn't move it. At least he kept his end of the deal.
   I looked around the room, I wasn't back in a cell, I was in a room that was decorated in Fire Nation decor. A large Fire Nation Flag covering most of the wall in front of me.

   "Ew gross." I muttered.

Why was I even in a room in the first place? My coat was on the chair dried and fluffy, probably from baking in this sweat making machine.
   I walked to the door grabbing my coat on the way but hesitated because of the heat. I expected the door to at least be locked but no, the door clicked open.
   Well at least there were guards out guarding, right?
Nope.

I made my way up to the deck and saw the old man from yesterday. He was sitting alone at a small table drinking something, I could only assume it was tea because it was steaming.

"I see you are awake, Jasmine tea?" He offered politely. I shook my head but he already started pouring the liquid. "Don't worry dear, my tea is the best on the ship." He chuckled at his own little joke.

   I knew I shouldn't have been speaking with a stranger, much less accepting a cup a tea from the enemy, Sokka would be disappointed in me but he wasn't here and this was for my survival, I can't remember the last time I had food or a proper drink.

I sat across from the old man. "Thank you." I took the cup that he held out for me, it was warm which made me slightly sigh. He stayed looking at me with a smile and I was creeped out until I realized he wanted me to drink the tea.
"It's great, thank you again." I said after letting the warm tea run down my throat.

He smiled pleased before he went for a sip from his own cup. I glanced around, feeling the stares on me, I was uncomfortable under the eyes.

"It's the tea." I said quietly and set the cup down.

"Don't be silly!" The old man laughed. "Tea is meant to be pure and calming. It's also very delicious!"

"I meant it's water and they probably think I'll try something." I explained. "I can't bend water with a broken wrist."

"You can't?" He asked. "You attacked my nephew with great force yesterday."

I looked down. "It was out of anger. I wasn't really in full... control."

"Now that you are, you should try." The man said.

   It's a trap. Sokka's voice said but again I chose to ignore it and I tried but my broken wrist made the liquid shake. Soon a shadow casted over me. I gave up and put the tea back into the cup.

"What are you doing out here?!" He asked and I shrugged raising my cup before taking a sip.

"I guess it's not obvious enough." I said taking another sip.

"Uncle!"

"Calm down Prince Zuko." The man said.

So he's a prince, who knew? Why was he out here and not in his great mighty palace?

"She shouldn't be out here with all this water surrounding us!" Zuko told him and then I cleared my throat.