CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Where is the Avatar?!" Zuko asked and I glared up at him.

"You know, I think I saw him picking flowers back there." I answered sarcastically. "I thought we lost you at Kyoshi."

"Get on!" Firebrain ordered and I started walking away.

"I have to go look for my brother and Aang." I said but I heard him jump off his animal. Then a ring of fire was built around me so I turned to face him.

"You will help me find the Avatar after I get my uncle back." He ordered.

"So somehow your family is more important than mine?!" I argued frusterated. His face only got more sour, if that was even humanly possible.

   "You will lead me to the Avatar. Now get on."

"Fine." I muttered and walked over like I really had any choice.

He helped me get on his rhino and he started to get it moving. I being the stubborn girl I was and being cranky from the pain, refused to hold onto him so I kept slipping.

"Hold onto me!" He demanded and I ignored him until he stopped completely and jumped off pushing me forward. I hissed but hid it with a cough.

"Are you letting me drive?" I sarcastically asked as he got on behind me.

"Not in a million years!" He hissed and wrapped his arm around my waist before starting the animal.

Even through the pain I blushed again but it was a bit comforting and embarassing.

"Not so tight." I said. "I just body slammed the ground."

He rolled his eyes but loosened his grip, he held on just enough to make sure I didn't slip off.

I hated him. I swear I hated him.
Now I had to think of an escape plan to leave without him following me. That was the only and frankly the best option, I had to take him as far from the village as possible.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

After a few hours I pushed his arm off me and held onto the reins. I could here him growl annoyed with me, the sun was setting again and now I began to worry and looked back seeing Appa.

"What now?" Zuko asked and I shook my head. He tried to look back but I stopped him by grabbing his collar.
   The both of us blushed in an instant. "Has anyone told you, you have uh... n-nice golden eyes?"

Zuko pulled away and looked up. "The Avatar!" He looked at the footprints and then at me.

  He sighed and kept going forward to look for his uncle.

   "Aren't you going to follow him? He's right there." I point out and he doesn't look at me. "Not that I want you to capture him—"

   "Be quiet."

   Not a 'shut up.' Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

We continued until it grew dark. I looked back at him and he rolled his eyes asking what's wrong now.

"My brother and friend went missing and instead of finding them I'm stuck with—" He covered my mouth with his hand pulling me back into his chest. I groaned.

I pushed his hand away. "I told you I body slammed the ground." I muttered and we heard voices. We both jumped off the rhino and looked around the rocks.

"These dangerous hands must be crushed." The earthbender spoke.

   The scene that was presented to us was of a group of Earthbenders and Iroh wearing only underpants. His hands on a flat rock, chained up to prevent him from using his bending.
Zuko went and kicked the boulder away from the air he kicked the chains on his uncles hands, breaking them in half. I debated on making this my chance to escape.