CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

That night the men left including Yoshiro and I had to act like nothing happened. I went back to acting like I was okay which was easy with all the practice I had over the long years.
   We were inside the palace with Yue, standing on a balcony looking at the sky, in particularly the moon.

   "The legends say the moon was the first waterbender." Yue said and we looked at her. "Our ancestors watched it pull in the tides and learned how to do it themselves."

   "I've always noticed my waterbending is stronger at night." Katara said and looked at me.

   "Yeah... Me too." I agreed.

   "Our strength comes from the moon spirits, our life comes from the spirit of the ocean." Yue continued. "They work together to keep balance."

  "The spirits!" Aang exclaimed. "Maybe I can find them and get their help."

   "How can you do that?" Yue asked.

   "The Avatar is the bridge between the spirit world and our world." I told her. "Aang, can talk to them."

   "Maybe they'll give you the wisdom to win this battle!" Yue said happily.

   "Or maybe they'll unleash a crazy amzing spirit attack on the Fire Nation!" Aang told her more excited. He looked at us and smiled calmly. "Or wisdom, that's good too."

   "The only problem is, last time you got back to the spirit world by accident." Katara pointed out. "How are you gonna get there this time?"

   "I have an idea, follow me." Yue said and started walking away.

   The others followed but I hesitated looking out into the city. It was like our first date but this time I only felt pain. If I really loved him I wouldn't have let him go... Like I did with mom.

   "Kaida, You coming?" Katara asked.

   I looked at her and smiled. "Yeah, come on."

   Yue took us to the most spiritual place in the North Pole. We had to crawl through a small door but behind it was a beautiful garden. It was warm and there was actual grass growing which made Aang happy.

   "It's so warm here, how is that possible?" I asked, taking off my coat.

   "It's the center of all spiritual energy in our land." Yue replied.

   Momo and I walked over to the small water hole. There were only two fishes inside, I had a weird feeling like somehow I was connected to the two or something.
   I glanced at Momo digging his hands in the water and I quickly picked him up, we turned around to see Yue and Katara giving him scolding looks.

   "See what you did?" I said and he sat on my shoulder slumping.

   "You're right, Yue." Aang said as he sat down. "I can feel something..it's soo...tranquil."

   "Yeah.." I whispered.

   Aang only sat there while we waited.

   "Why is he sitting like that?" Yue whispered.

   "He's mediating trying to cross over into the spirit world." Katara explained. "It takes all his concentration."

   "Do you think us whispering makes a difference over us talking at a regular volume?" I asked sarcastically.