CHAPTER NINETEEN

Katara was taking care of Sokka who was sick from being out at sea in the typhoon. He was delusional and talking nonsense. I watched as Aang talked to Katara about a cure for Sokka who was sick, sick enough to start imagining things and talking nonsense, he asked why Appa was so funny. It was only a few days later and Sokka had gotten sick. Aang didn't find medicine but he got a map.

   They talked while I looked around, we had stopped in an abandoned temple to rest and while we rested I made sure to stay away from Sokka and Katara since she was helping him and was bound to get sick. To be honest I hate getting sick which rarely happens because I alway try avoiding it. Both of my siblings knew that so Katara didn't force me to do anything even though I should as an older sister.
   Katara started coughing just like Sokka did when he was first getting sick. Aang didn't want to wait for Katara to fall as sick as Sokka was.

   "I'm going to find some medicine." Aang picked up his staff.

   "I'll come with you." I said. He opened his glider and lightning scattered the sky. I covered my ears and slammed my eyes shut until it passed. "Avatar and Water Tribe girl on a stick, huh? Interesting."

   "Uh, maybe it's safer if we go on foot." Aang said and picked me up princess style. "Keep an eye on them guys." Appa and Momo both made sounds and Sokka laughed.

   Before I knew it I was falling from the air and Aang was running as fast as he could, which was fast. I used my hands to cover my face. We stopped and saw the herbalist institute and then Aang ran in setting me down.

   "Hello, Sorry to bardge in like this but I need some medicine for my friends." Aang quickly spoke. "They have a fever and coughing and-"

   "Settle down young man, your friends are going to be fine." She told him. "I've been up here for over forty years ya know, used to be others but they all left years ago." That can mean they died right? "Now it's just me and Miyuki."

   "That's nice but we really need that medicine for my brother and sister." I told the lady.

   "Wounded Earth Kingdom troops still come by now and again." The herablist stirred whatever was in the cup. "Brave boys, and thanks to my remedies. They always leave in better shape than when they arrived."

   "That's nice, are you almost done?" Aang asked pointing to the cup.

   She went to go look for a plant, you'd think she would remember where everything was if she worked here for more than forty years.
   After a while she found the plum blossm she was looking for and as Aang wanted to take it she smacked his hands away and told us it was Miyuki's food. Cat food.

   "What about my friends!?" Aang cried.

   "Well, all they need is some frozen wood frogs, there's plenty of them down in the valley swamp." She told us.

   "What am I supposed to do with frozen frogs?" Aang asked raising his eyebrow.

   "Why suck on them of course!" She smiled.

   "Suck on them?!" I held back a gag. "Like, suck on them?"

   "The frogs skin excretes a substance that'll cure your friends, but make sure you get plenty, once those little critters thaw out they're useless."

   "You're insane aren't you?" Aang asked.

   "That's right" she sang and we ran out.

   The wind grew stronger and just as Aang was running his pants were struck by arrows. As more came down he pushed them away with his air abilities.

   "Uh, I think you dropped this." Aang held up the arrow.

   We looked at the men in the tree who pointed their arrow's at us. I helped Aang pull the arrow out of his other pant leg and he picked me up dodging all the arrows.
   I used my water to throw ice and try to block them but the arrows always cracked though and just like in Aang fashion we fell down and hit trees making us grunt.
The universe really hated me.
   He kicked off trees until we were stumbling in the swamp causing us to both fall under. I handed him the frogs I picked up and he put them in his shirt but we kept getting shot at with arrows. They pinned me to a log and did the same with Aang. We created an ice wall but they broke through and caught us in nets taking us to some Fire Nation prison.

   They seperated us in the prison. The guards tied my wrists too tightly and I had to bite back the crying pain. Then they threw me into a room again I cried out as I landed on my hands.

   "I really hate you guys!" I muttered through clenched teeth at the shocking pains. "Aang, please have an escape plan." I stood up and kicked at the door.
   "Hey! How about you just let me out?" I said but they didn't budge. "Scared of a little girl?! Afraid of some water?!"

   "Aah." I came face to face with Zhao. "The Avatar won't be coming to save you this time. No one is coming for you."

   "You won't win! You're a pathetic man." I said and that triggered him as he tried to shoot fire at me but I dodged it.

   I sat down in the poorly lit room thinking about Katara and Sokka, we should have been back by now, I can't imagine how worried they must be, maybe they don't know.
   I hoped that Zuko wasn't part if this, it would be annoying if the two started working together. I don't even think it would work out. They seem to hate each other, It's actually been a while since I last saw Zuko. I sat there thinking about the scar on his face and how it happened, soon I heard a few loud thumps and then the door opened.

   "Aang!" I smiled and he smiled too. "How did you—" A sword sliced through the ropes around my wrist. I looked up at the blue masked person and frowned.

   "I think he's saving us!" Aang claimed happily.

   "How are we so sure?" I asked and the person in the blue mask looked back at us. "We don't know him."

   "Kaida—"

   "I'm serious Aang." I sighed. "This guy could be taking you for himself.. When I was with Zuko he told his uncle that every Fire Nation guard would be after you."

   "Kaida, you're gonna have to trust me." Aang said and I chewed my bottom lip.

    "It's that, I don't trust." He gave me his puppy eyes and I sighed as we followed Blue-mask

   Blue-mask wanted us to follow him up past the drain. I tried getting up but pain just shot through my body, mainly my wrist that was starting to swell again.

   "Kaida." Aang came back.

   "My wrist." I muttered but he pulled me up and we followed Blue-mask. Aang started to climb the rope and I groaned. "It had to be me." Just then Blue-mask grabbed my hands putting them around his neck and made sure I had a grip before following Aang up the rope.
   I felt bad, I felt like I was heavy and slowing him down I looked at the guy trying to see if I could get a peak at anything, I couldn't even see his eyes.

   As if on cue an alarm rang out. "There on the wall!" Someone cut the rope down and we almost crashed into the dirt but Aang used air to soften the landing.

   Blue-mask pulled out his swords and started running so we followed. They were ordered to close the gates, Aang ran ahead telling us to stay close to him, guards blocked us but Aang used a blast of air to push them away. Masky was surrounded by guards so I stopped and whipped them with water then Aang came to save us.
   Aang threw Masky on the wall and carried me up. He used the stick to try and fly us out but we were way to heavy for him and the stick. We crashed down and I hissed.

   "I hate today." I held my wrist, at this rate it would never get healed, I was only hurting myself more and causing the injury to get worse.

————————
Edited; 10/29/20
Re-Edited; 7/9/21