CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I looked at Katara. "So how did it go?" I asked as she walked over and sat by me and a sulking Sokka.

   "It went great!" She smiled. "Are you excited?!"

   I shrugged. "I guess. I don't believe in this stuff but it sounds fun to think about." Soon Aang and Aunt Wu came out.

   "Go on, Kaida!" Katara happily said and I followed Aunt Wu.

   We walked into a room and sat down, I handed her my palm and she smiled. "Your palms are smooth like your sisters."

   "Yeah, I borrowed some of my sister's lotion." I told her and she grabbed my broken wrist hand and looked at it.

   "I see you're altrustic." She said. "This injury wasn't self inflicted but you're glad that it was you and not somebody else."

   "Uh I thought fortune tellers told the future not the past." I said but I was only trying to stray from what she just said because it was true.

   "I see you will have a roller coaster of a love life." She said looking at my palms. "Your beauty will attract many young men, you will cause many heart break."
Jeez, she makes me sound so cold hearted and like a floozy. I nodded along.
   "You have already met your soulmate but you will go through a terrible heart break and fear of ever loving and trusting once again but when you choose to love there will be struggle. Of course you will recover through patience, you will marry the young man and have four beautiful children."

   Four?!

   "Thank you," I said not really caring. "Now, what about my waterbending?"

   "One cares for love and another cares about bending." She muttered. "Let's see. Oh my... I see...I see you are a very powerful bender who favors ice over actual water, quiet powerful I can't..I can't really explain it."

   "Wow really?!" I asked. "That's great!" I was getting ready to leave but she pulled me back down.

   "Kaida, you will have to make an important decision in the near future." She told me sounding serious. "The world will rely on it. I want you to know that your friends and family will forgive you."

   I nodded but I was still shocked and confused. "So?!" Katara asked as we walked out, I couldn't tell them the last part of my prediction. "I'm gonna be a heart breaker but have four kids."

   "Aww!" Katara squeal gripping my arm. "Did she described him?"

   "No only said that I already met him." I answered.

   She gasped loudly and grinned. "Maybe it's Haru!"

   "Or Jet." Sokka shrugged and I punched him. "What? You ever hear of enemies to lovers?"

   "That's gross." I mumbled. "Jet was sick."

   "Four children and a heart breaker?" Sokka asked the looked at me. "Different fath-"

   "No!" I cut him off. "I'll marry one man and have four children!"

   "Well, now you got to see for yourselves that fortune telling is just a big stupid hoax." Sokka said as we walked away.

   "You're just saying that because you're gonna make yourself unhappy your entire life." Katara told him.

   "That woman is crazy!" Sokka yelled. "My life will be CALM and HAPPY and JOYFUL." He kicked a rock and it came back hitting his head. "That doesn't prove anything."

   "You know what? I think she's right. Sokka's, never happy." I teased and helped him up.

  "Well, I liked my predictions. Certain things are gonna turn out very well." Katara said.