CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I never thought I would be running away from pirates, I guess it was more likely to happen over finding the Avatar or getting caught by the prince of the Fire Nation.
   As we ran I grabbed the water that was a puddle and built an ice wall making them crash into it. We continued to run hitting a cart of cabbages, Aang used it to stop the few men that were still following us.

   "MY CABBAGES!!" The man cried.

   Hey, it was the same man from Omashu! I wonder why he came here, it was most likely because they didn't let him into that city.
We thought we got away but we were cut off by the other pirates and we ran into a dead end, Aang blew them away and told us to hang on as we flew away, heading back to the river where Appa waited for us.

   "I used to look up to pirates," Aang spoke. "but those guys are terrible."

   "I know. That's why I took this." Katara pulled out the scroll with a smile.

   "No way!" Aang got up and walked towards her.

   "Isn't it great?" Katara asked.

   "Which part? The part where we were beging chased or the almost getting caught and dying part?" I asked crossing my arms. "Katara, don't be proud of that."

   "No wonder they were trying to hack us up." Sokka said. "You stole their waterbending scroll."

   Katara just repeated what the pirate said then told Aang that they should start practicing.

   "You're still gonna use that?! You stole it!" I hissed but Katara ignored me. "Come on Katara let's drop it back off, look look." They looked at me as I made arrow spears. "See can your scroll teach you that?"

   "No." Aang said looking at the pictures.

   "Or a simple water whip?" I asked and did it.

   "Yes!" Katara smiled and told Aang to hold the scroll open, she tried to do it but whipped her own forehead causing Sokka to laugh.

   "You deserved that." Sokka smiled and looked at Aang. "You've been duped she's only interested in teaching herself."

   "Aang, will get his turn, as soon as I figure out the water whip." Katara growled and tried again accidently hitting Momo. "Why can't I get this move?"

   "You'll get it." Aang said and showed her. "All you got to do is shift your stances. See, the key to bending is-"

   "Will you please shut your air hole!?" Katara yelled. "Believe it or not, your infamous wisdom gets a little old sometimes! Why don't we just throw the scroll away since you're so naturally gifted!"

   "Katara!" I hissed.

   "What!?" She looked at me and I pointed to Aang who had his lip quivering.

   She apologized and gave the scroll to Aang and apologized to Momo. She also apologized to me too and I forgave her. Well aloud, I did but I knew my sister and sometimes it was hard to actually believe her.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

   Later that night we built a fire and had what Sokka bought from the market, a few fruits and vegetables and though the others were tired, sleep was the last thing on my mind. I worried about being followed, I knew that we were always beging followed by Zuko but in all honesty I no longer found him very threatening. I found the Pirates more threatening, because of Katara I knew we would be in more danger.
   As I thought about all of that I heard a rustle, at first I thought it was someone coming for us but realized it was just Katara leaving. I waited and told myself not to get involed but of course I had to protect my sister so I got up and saw the scroll was gone as I expected it to be.