CHAPTER SIX

Later that night I looked at my wrist, wondering how bad it was to determine how long it would take to heal on it's own. The swelling itself had gone down but I could still see a bit of purple crawling up my palm from the injury.
   There was really only one way to determine how bad the injury was, I looked around to see only a few guards, Iroh was sitting with other older men playing some kind of game, the only thing keeping them entertained.

The night was still cold with an even colder breeze to top it off, it was actually quite relaxing. The sound of the ship slicing through the water adding to the serenity of our surroundings.
I got a cup of water setting it on the ground. I used my good hand to try and bend it, it was harder than I thought, it only rippled weakly. A guard laughed at me and slowly more started to watch, embarrassment filled my body but I kept trying.

"Give up!" The first guard who laughed, called and I clenched my hand into a first at my side.
It didn'thelp that it was the jerk that I pushed to open the door when I was first taken prisoner. "You can't do it!" He called again.

"Leave her alone." One who sounded younger, much younger, said.

"She can't do it!" The guard laughed again.

"He's right." I breathed to myself and looked up at him.

The guards laughed and out of determination and a bit of anger I got the water and whipped it at him tripping him as he stumbled back then I froze him to the ground.
The guard who tried sticking up for me laughed and that made me more proud of myself. A smirk danced upon my lips, I glanced up to see Zuko looking at me. A blush crossed my cheeks but I looked back at the guards.

"Good night." I headed to my room without looking back.

I got in my room and leaned on the closed door. A sigh passed my lips, I still felt embarrassed but more because Zuko saw what I did. I hate that I suddenly cared about what he thought, I blame Iroh. Just go to bed and you'll forget all about him... Hopefully.

*・☪︎·̩͙

I woke up to hearing Zuko yell at his uncle, he seemed to yell at everyone no matter who it was.
I grumbled frusterated and I got ready for the day heading up to the deck. There was a cold breeze so I put on my coat. We had been out at sea looking for Aang for two days but as far as I can see we were constantly changing routes.

"Morning, Ice queen." I heard the familiar voice. I nodded and he lifted his mask to reveal his sparkling green eyes.

"What?" I asked feeling him stare.

"Sorry." He chuckled. "I... uh... sorry.."

I felt bad and leaned next to him. "So what's got Firebrain so mad? I mean more angry than usual?"

"We have no clue where the Avatar is headed, he's been travelling in a weird form so we keep losing him." The boy explained.

I looked at him and he smiled pulling off his helmet to reveal dark brown hair a piece of it braided, why were Fire Nation guy's attractive?
He looked about Sokka's age or maybe 16?

"I'm Sora." He held out his hand and I hesitated.

"Kaida." I told him and walked over to the rails hearing him follow. "What do you want?"