EIGHT

Stop showing off

Stop showing off

___________________________

I woke up early that morning by someone pounding on the door. I slowly opened my eyes and glanced over at the clock. 8 am. I sighed and tried to get up only to get pulled back down by Cato. He groaned into the pillow and tightened his arm around me.

"Don't leave," he muttered.

"We have to get up. It's training day."

"Fuck training, we've already been through this."

"We need to gain Katniss' trust. Don't you want to go home together?" His eyes opened and he looked like a little kid. He nodded with big eyes. I giggled and he sat up and pecked my lips.

We both started to get ready, I pulled on the dark spandex leggings they gave me along with a tight black top. I pulled my hair back into a high pony tail. I looked over at Cato to see he was in the bathroom getting ready himself. He was wearing the same matching tight shirt, except sleeveless. It showed off his muscles very nicely. He looked good, he looked very good.

We walked downstairs together to see a whole buffet of food waiting for us to eat. Brutus had one of the avox's set up the television in front of the table. We sat down next to each other and Cato immediately started to eat.

"Ah there we go," He said once he finally got the screen to light up. A blonde pair was on the screen, they had the same look on their face, it was like they were ready to kill. I only recognize that look because Cato had the same one when we were in the arena. That's the face I see when I have nightmares about him.

Brutus briefly went over introducing the tributes to us. He mostly just went over the pairs that were potential threats to us. The siblings from one seem to be the most threatening. They won back to back games, which means they're pretty dedicated to kill, which worries me.

Next he stopped at Finnick. He apparently won the games at 14 and has a 75-80 year old partner in these games. Brutus says that she'll be his only weakness. He warned me about his charm but I managed to figure that one out when he offered to sleep with me at the victory tour party.

Next was Johanna Mason, she pretended to be weak to win her games. She then set the 'record' in the country for the most kills. The people of the capital adored that.

We were the last to arrive at the training center. I noticed Peeta staring at us - I nodded towards him to say hello and he returned it. I guess Katniss, Peeta, Cato, and I are the outsiders. Everyone knows each other from having years of experience of being a victor. That also makes me extremely nervous, but I guess it makes it easier to kill.

"What do you want to do first?" Cato asks beside me. It felt weird for him to ask that, I'm almost used to chasing him like I did in the arena last time.