NINE

Guess that makes us allies

__________________________

"Please be nice Cato." We got off the elevator as I gave him a nervous look. He gave me one of his charming innocent smiles.

"I'm always nice."

"That's not true. But just keep the comments to yourself until we get back to our room. Katniss has a temper."

"So do I."

"They are not coming!" A voice shouted.

"Katniss they'll be good for us! You said yourself she's talented."

Cato and I looked at each other as the door was left open just a crack. I knocked and slowly opened the door. I saw Katniss and Peeta sitting on the couch. Peeta smiled and motioned for me to come in while Katniss sat back. Her arms were across her chest as she looked at us carefully.

"I hope we aren't intruding," I said awkwardly.

"Not at all!" I looked directly at Katniss and she kept her mouth shut. "Johanna should be joining us soon." I nodded and Cato and I sat down on the black couch. No one really said anything for a while, and it grew very awkward as the four of us sat in silence. I pressed my lips together and glanced at Cato. He had the same look on his face.

"So did you have any ideas in mind yet?" I asked breaking the incredibly awkward silence.

"So we have a pretty large group at hand here," Peeta said. "It might be difficult to keep track of everyone."

"Who's exactly in this group?" Cato asked from next to me.

"The four of us, Katniss would like Beetee and Wiress to join as well."

"I'm sorry, Beetee and Wiress?" I asked. "I'm not familiar."

"Beetee won his games by electrocuting six tributes at one time," Katniss spoke her first words to us. I raised my eyebrows at them.

"And the other one?"

"They come as a package deal," Peeta said. I nodded slowly. So Katniss wants two old but brilliant tributes in our alliance? Besides the fact that he knows how to electrocute the other tributes, what else can he bring to the table? What's going to happen when he does that, and the alliance breaks?

"And who else?" Cato asked.

"Johanna Mason," Peeta said. "She's very good with an axe."

"So I've noticed," Cato said. "Is there anyone else?"

"Mags," Katniss said. I looked at Peeta and he nodded slightly. The 80 year old lady? "She comes with Finnick though, and I'm not quite sure I can trust him yet."

"You and me both," Cato said and ran a hand through his hair.

"Is that it?" I ask. They both nod.