SEVENTEEN

There's something about you I'm scared to lose

There's something about you I'm scared to lose. Because I know I won't find it in anyone else

_____________________

"We gotta get to the shoreline!" Peeta shouted.

My legs were paralyzed, stuck in the same part of the salt water. I felt my feet slowly start to sink into the sand as I watched these mutts howl at us. I glanced at Cato, to make sure this was all real. My breathing started to become uneven as I stared into the eyes of one of the monkey's. Short bursts of the dogs flashed through my head. I felt like I was going to have a panic attack.

Cato took my hand from his arm and put it on one of the knives hanging from my suit. This is reality, there are killer mutts in front of us. I felt him tug at my arm as we slowly started to move away from the monkeys. I heard growling from behind us and I quickly turned around. More and more started to appear.

"We have to, fight them?" My voice was full of fear. I wanted to hide. I noticed the fangs on one of them and looked up at Cato.

"We have to kill them," He corrected me. Finnick pulled his trident out of the water and stuck it out in front of him. The monkey hissed at him. I could see one running out of the corner of my eye, right towards Cato and I. I quickly turned my head and threw my knife at it. It fell to the ground. All of the monkeys started to bounce on the tree's.

"What did I do."

Cato pushed me out of the way as a monkey jumped off the branch towards us. He stuck his sword through it's chest and looked at the next one running towards us. The five of us put up quite the fight against these killer monkeys.

I stuck my knife into the monkeys chest as it got close, breaking me from my thoughts. Another came flying as I pulled the knife out of the first monkeys chest.

"Kat, Cato, come on!" We both looked behind us quickly to see the other half of the group sprinting towards the beach. I glanced back at the monkeys to see they were chasing after Peeta and Katniss. We started to run, hoping over some in the process. I felt one of their teeth graze my leg and I winced as I landed on the ground. Cato grabbed my arm and continue to pull me, not caring about if anyone else was hurt.

As I ran past Katniss and Peeta they were staring at someone on the ground. I tried to stop to see who it was but Cato just continued to pull me. He pushed me into the water first, the salt from the water burning the cut on my leg from the fangs of the monkeys. He joined me a couple of seconds later.

Katniss and Peeta soon followed with someone in their arms. Finnick came out last, rolling onto the beach. He hissed back at the monkeys pushing them away with his trident. And eventually, they walked back into the tree's.

"God are they trying to give me more nightmares?" I asked. Cato huffed next to me as he wiped off the blood on his sword. I sat down in the water and tilted my head back. They're really doing the most to try to kill us.