TWENTY TWO

thantophobia : the fear of losing someone you love

___________________

As the night slowly came we made our way towards the big lightning tree just as planned. 

We didn't run into anyone, which I found surprising. Although it is just Cashmere and Chaff left. It would be bold of them to make an attempt to kill the seven of us. 

As we got closer to the tree I could see the tree was in fact very weird. It had the idea of a tree, as there was fake branches that came off the top. But on the inside I could see was a small polls of metal. 

"Minimal charring, it's an impressive conductor. How about we get started?" Cato and I exchanged look as we got closer. As Beetee started to wrap the coil around the tree he was spitting out random facts about lightning. I don't think anyone was listening. 

"Katalina," I heard Beetee say. He walked over to me and looked over my shoulder. "Can you spare one of your knives?" I had three, so I guess I could. I nod and hand him one. He looked down at it and walked back over to the tree. "Typically, a single strike of electricity contains 5 billion joules of energy, so we don't want to be anywhere in the vicinity when this happens." 

"And if we are we get electrocuted?" Peeta asked. Beetee nodded. 

"What if the Career pack comes? In the middle of it?" I ask while looking around. It was getting very dark and it was hard to tell what was surrounding us. 

"The two of them won't be much of a threat to us," Johanna says. 

"As long as we stay together, right?" Finnick says. 

"I was thinking for right now we'd split up," Beetee says. Cato and I took a glance at each other. "Someone needs to run the rest of the coil to the water." 

"I can do it," Johanna says. "But someone else should come." 

"The girls can go," Beetee says. He looks at me as his glasses slid off his nose. "Unspool the entire coil and make sure it's in the water. Then head to the 2 o'clock section, we'll all meet there after." 

"I think I'll go too," Peeta says. 

"No, I'll go," Cato says. "You stay here to help protect Beetee." I looked at him, knowing he didn't want to leave me. 

"Our odds would be better with three of us versus the two of them," Beetee says. "You both can stay here." Split up from Cato? That's not a good idea.

"Or Johanna or Kat could stay and Peeta and I can take the coil," Katniss says. I guess Peeta and Katniss had a plan too. 

"You all agreed to keep me alive until midnight correct?" Beetee asked as he got close to Katniss. I felt a hand touch my back and I looked up as they continued to fight with each other.