TWENTY ONE

It's not real

It's not real

________________________

"Cato," I whispered as I could finally get to him. The hour was up, I ran to him and touched his side. "It's not real." He had his hands on the sides of his ears. His entire body was shaking, he was rocking back and forth. He sat up quickly and looked around frantically. He had a crazy look in his eyes - something I've never seen before.

"Hey! It's okay the hours up!" I said and forced him to look straight into my eyes.

"My mom," He whispered. He finally looked me in the eyes. "She was here." I shook my head. "Kat she was here, I heard her!" My heart sunk as I felt the tears start to gather.

"No, she wasn't baby," I said and put my hands on his legs. "They were mutts." He blinked a couple of times and stared at the plants in front of him.

"She's not alive?"

"I'm sorry Cato." I grabbed him and pulled him in closer. He laid his head on my shoulder as I noticed the other's have the same look in their eyes.

"You're fiancée's right," I heard Johanna say. I watched Peeta comfort Katniss. "The whole country loves your sister. If the capital touched your sister there would be riots in the damn capital." Johanna smirked at Katniss. She was screaming for someone named Prim, it must've been the little girl she volunteered for. "Hey how does that sound Snow? What if we set your back yard on fire?" She was screaming up in the sky like a crazy person. Cato and I exchanged looks. "You can't put everyone in here!"

She's fucking crazy.

I think we all had the same crazy look on our faces. "Johanna," I say and shook my head slowly. She needs to shut up, before Snow releases some other crazy mutt to fuck with our brains.

"What?" she asked. "They can't hurt me, there's no one left that I love." She sighed. I guess that's one way to put it. "I'll get you some water."

I looked at Finnick to see he had tears in his eyes. I wonder who Annie was, considering all the things the capital makes him do. He still loves someone?

"You wanna get up?" I ask as I look back at Cato. He nodded quickly. I felt his arm tightly grip mine as we both stood up. We both slowly walked towards the shoreline. I was being very careful, since Cato was putting a lot of his weight on me. If I tripped we both would've went down.

We got back to the beach a couple of minutes later, and Cato went to sit down by the water. I bet he needed some space to clear his head. I got very angry by this, what just went down. I couldn't imagine what's going through his head right now. To lose a parent is one thing, but then be semi tortured by the capital in front of Panem.

This country makes me want to pull out my hair. How can Plutarch be on our side, yet put something in here that's so cruel? Cato just got tortured on live television by capital mutts. I was angry -furious- with the capital. Now I hope more then ever that this plan goes through. I'm wiling to be a fugitive, I will help win this war.