EIGHTEEN

The mouse ran up the clock

___________

Screams are what woke me up that same morning.

I jolted awake, looking around frantically. My breathing was uneven. I didn't even realize I was sleeping. Cato appeared at my side seconds later with a concerned look on his face. He tucked hair out of my face and rubbed his thumb along my cheek.

"You okay?" Did he not hear the screams?

"What happened?" I asked. Suddenly a huge amount of water crashed onto the sand, soaking both of us. I wiped away the salty water from my face and stood up. It felt good in this unnatural arena heat, but not exactly something I want to wake up too. I pulled my hair back into a high pony tail as it was now soaking wet. I looked up at Cato and he shrugged.

"I'm not entirely sure what that was," He said, just as confused as I was.

"The 10 o'clock wave," Finnick said from behind Cato. "It looked like it was a tsunami." A cannon went off and we all looked up.

"Well that's new."

"Did you sleep well?" Cato asks.

"I didn't even know I was sleeping," I mumbled. I must've fallen asleep on Cato's lap. "But yeah, decent enough sleep."

"You needed it," He said. "It's not like much is going on around here anyway." Don't say that out loud. The gamemakers will change that.

"Not yet," Katniss said looking at the sky.

"There's people over there," Peeta said warningly. My heartbeat picked up as I tried to
get a glimpse of who it was. Cato yanked me behind the tree's holding a protective grip on me. Katniss squatted down to look between the branches.

"Is that Johanna?" Finnick asked. Two other people ran after her, they were covered in blood from head to toe. They looked like they just got out of the bloodbath. "Johanna!"

"Finnick!" She shouted back. Well if the careers don't know where we were, they do now. He started running towards her, the two older people behind her looked at Finnick with smiles. She laughed as he got closer and they hugged each other.

"And here come the other allies." Peeta ran towards Finnick motioning us to follow. I got out from behind the tree, looking behind me to make sure no one else was hiding in the tree's.

"Why are you covered in blood?" I asked. I felt an arm touch my back and I knew it was Cato's.

"We were all the way deep into the jungle where I thought it was going to be safe," Johanna explained. She still looked shocked as if it was still happening. It looked like she just got out of one of my nightmares. "Then the rain came." I heard splashing in the water, I quickly turned my head towards the commotion. It was a man with glasses washing the blood off. "I thought it was water, it should've been we haven't had water in a day."